Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #1

2501ss Question

Does anyone know why after a weekend of camping and bringing the TT home with empty tanks that there would be a small amount of water dripping from the small vent underneath the black tank? There wasn't much, and it only lasted a short time.

I will include a few pictures so you can see what I am talking about...

rodupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #2

I'll be interested to what others say. I have the same model and have seen the vents but never seen any dripping from them. I would assume it may have been condensate based on temperature and the like...unless it smelled like poo and then you have a whole different issue!
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Problem Solved!

I decided to tear everything down this afternoon and find out the problem. First I connected the black tank flush hose and ran it for about 10 minutes, NO LEAK. Then I decided to connect the hose to the city water connection and fill the black tank some to see if there was a leak. I connected the hose went inside and ran water in the black tank from the toilet. I then went back outside and I could hear water dripping on the underbelly cover. Sure enough in just a few minutes it was dripping out the vent underneath. My thinking then was well there is a hole in the black tank. So I started taking the underbelly cover off and noticed the drip was coming from near where the city water connection comes in. I though then that maybe I could see more if I went inside to where all the connections come together. Once I opened that compartment I could see the problem. The city water connection was leaking at the coupling where it connects to the water pump. The water that was leaking from that connection was running down the hole where the connectons come in the floor and running down on the underbelly cover and leaking out the vent. I was able to tighten up the connection and stop the leak.

I guess it has been doing this the whole time when water was connected, I just never noticed since I had not had water connected while in the driveway. I DID have water connected on Sunday when we got home as I was cleaning out the inside and that is when I noticed the water leaking from underneath down on the concrete.
rodupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #4

Glad you found the problem and that it wasn't a major item. I've thought of opening the underbelly cover to find the "hidden" manual crank for the slide. I'm told by Forest River there is one, it is just under the belly cover and you would need to cut a hole to find it. Seems they could have made an access point during manufacturing...but that would be thinking ahead
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2501, rockwood