Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #1

2504s pass through storage dimensions?

I've tried a couple of searches and couldn't find anything (my search fu may be weak). I'm picking up my new 2504s on Wednesday and would like to go ahead and buy some totes to organize water, electrical accessories and the like. Does anyone have the dimensions of the opening for the pass through storage? Thanks in advance for your help.
Ricks Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #2

Are you talking about the front pass through? Is so its pretty small because of the Murphy bed. The doors on each side are a different size. The street size door is 31X15 inches but the pass through is only about 11 X 20. Pretty tough to get a decent size tote in there because of the framework. The good news is that the bottom of the couch flips up and would allows for bigger storage container but it is not hinged. I can get more measurements if you need them. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #3

That's enough to get me started. Thank you Sir.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #4

Do the latest version still have the "drawer" that pulls out from the front of the couch? if it does like my 2015, then you will be limited even further. I'm planning on removing the drawer and its slides to make more room as well as having access from the outside doors
Old 06-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #5

We don't have the drawer under our couch, it isn't even open at all. When we ordered ours, we expected a 2014 and got a 2015. We had planned on using the under couch area for shoes and things, but it is sealed off from the pass through. We could open it up if we wanted, but so far haven't.

As far as totes for water hoses and the like, I keep all of that in the storage under the bunks. Its conveniently located by the water/electric hook ups, so that helps as well. I was able to get two totes that fit side by side. But you have to put one in, and slide it to the left, then squeeze the second one in to the right of it (toward the rear of the trailer). Off the top of my head I don't know what the measurement of the door is. One big tote would probably fit if the long dimension was front to back, but I use two totes in order to separate water and electric accessories.

This is hopefully marginally helpful, since I wasn't able to provide dimensions, and our unit is in a storage lot, good luck.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #6

like Jay said in post #2 above, the pass thru storage that is there with the Murphy Bed is not at all what is available when you have the regular full time bed, but then the benefits of the MB are many in exchange,....... the link below is a thread about modding the space under the sofa,..... post #11, 17 & 19 of that thread are photos of what I did, others have added their ideas as well, hope this helps,.........

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-100925-2.html

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #7

Ricks Rock

Be aware - I have the Mini Lite version of fella10's Micro Lite. I do NOT have the pull out drawer under the sofa. I have a relatively open pass through that goes under the sofa. When I lift the seat cushions of the sofa I can access this pass through area, as well as from the doors on each side of the TT. So your TT may look like fell10's OR it may look like mine, OR it may look like something totally different. None of these seem to really be "standard."

Note that some come with a table/armrest on each side of the sofa's and some don't, there's just an open space on either side of the sofa. (See attached pic - the 120VAC outlet is installed in this table/armrest that you may or may not have). So if you're ordered yours, you won't really know what you've got until it arrives and you can eyeball it.

PS - I added the 120VAC outlet, which is why I have a pic of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New outlet 1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	111091  

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Ricks Rock

Be aware - I have the Mini Lite version of fella10's Micro Lite. I do NOT have the pull out drawer under the sofa. I have a relatively open pass through that goes under the sofa. When I lift the seat cushions of the sofa I can access this pass through area, as well as from the doors on each side of the TT. So your TT may look like fell10's OR it may look like mine, OR it may look like something totally different. None of these seem to really be "standard."

Note that some come with a table/armrest on each side of the sofa's and some don't, there's just an open space on either side of the sofa. (See attached pic - the 120VAC outlet is installed in this table/armrest that you may or may not have). So if you're ordered yours, you won't really know what you've got until it arrives and you can eyeball it.

PS - I added the 120VAC outlet, which is why I have a pic of it.
rockfordroo,

does the front of your sofa open or do you only access from outside? Nice job on outlet addition, I think I might add a 120vac/usb combo outlet

craig
Old 06-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
like Jay said in post #2 above, the pass thru storage that is there with the Murphy Bed is not at all what is available when you have the regular full time bed, but then the benefits of the MB are many in exchange,....... the link below is a thread about modding the space under the sofa,..... post #11, 17 & 19 of that thread are photos of what I did, others have added their ideas as well, hope this helps,.........

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-100925-2.html
fella10,
thanks for the pics, that's exactly what I was planning to do.

craig
Old 06-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigster_mi View Post
fella10,
thanks for the pics, that's exactly what I was planning to do.
thank you Craig, ...... my sofa had the drawer(shown in post #10 of that thread), ...... so my mod starts from that, but what rockfordroo says that it seems there's no standard for that sofa is true, .... but there does seem to be several ways to mod that area, even though they aren't all the same,...... modding is fun when it turns out good............

Old 06-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
thank you Craig, ...... my sofa had the drawer(shown in post #10 of that thread), ...... so my mod starts from that, but what rockfordroo says that it seems there's no standard for that sofa is true, .... but there does seem to be several ways to mod that area, even though they aren't all the same,...... modding is fun when it turns out good............
you correct that when it works out it is fun. here are two that have worked therefore are fun!

added fire place to divider wall (don't have a finished pic after painting frame black)
wired power management on board but is still portable

craig
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heater03.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	111097   Click image for larger version

Name:	surge02.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	111098  
Old 06-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #12

Quote:
rockfordroo,

does the front of your sofa open or do you only access from outside? Nice job on outlet addition, I think I might add a 120vac/usb combo outlet

craig
The sofa folds down so the Murphy bed can come down. To fold it down, you lift the front of the seat cushions and pull them up and towards you. The back cushions then come towards you and lay flat. When it's done, the seat cushions are back at their same height, but now stick out from the sofa about a foot, and the back cushions are now flat with the seat cushions.

When you lift the front of the seat cushions, you can get under them into the pass through area.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #13

I'm sad to report that we went to pick up the 2504 today and the rear outside panel was starting to de-laminate. The dealership tried getting us to sign for it and then pursue Forest River for a warranted repair. I'm not going to accept one that isn't right. Anyone in the market, keep an eye on the rear ladder supports, three different units we looked at today, the right side lower ladder supports were installed crooked. Pulling the wall surface out once the screws were tightened. The search goes on...
Old 06-15-2016, 11:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks Rock View Post
The search goes on...
good attitude,....... don't let one disappointment keep you from the enjoyment that camping in your new trailer can be,...... lots of luck as your search continues,...........

Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #15

Quote:
added fire place to divider wall (don't have a finished pic after painting frame black),.....wired power management on board but is still portable

congrats on two good mods,..........

Old 06-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #16

Went back to a different dealership today and looked at a 2702ws. The family loved it. They gave us a pretty good deal. We're going to go and pick it up on Thursday (pending final inspection). Thanks again for all of your help. I'll keep you all posted.

Tags
storage