Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Sunny Cove
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: State of Superior, aka da U.P.
Posts: 21
2504s Water leaking under slide

Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!
__________________

__________________
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
Middle Aged Member
 
archer59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9
I have found out this trip that o have the same issue. Carpet was wet on the slide out when we got to campground.
__________________

__________________
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 CC HD Towing
archer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Sunny Cove
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: State of Superior, aka da U.P.
Posts: 21
2504s Slide Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer59 View Post
I have found out this trip that o have the same issue. Carpet was wet on the slide out when we got to campground.
Hey Archer59, If you find a solution to fixing the leak, please let me know what it is. My trailer goes back into the dealer next Tuesday for the 5th time for this and other issues. Good Luck!!! Sunnycove
__________________
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 22
I have a 2016 2504S. It has let in so much dust the CD/DVD no longer works. Has anyone got an answer for this problem? I have contacted Forest River but no answer as of yet.
__________________
Grizzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Sunny Cove
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: State of Superior, aka da U.P.
Posts: 21
Grizzzman, Did you ever receive a fix or response from Forest River regarding your water infiltration under your slide?
__________________
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
craigster_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: newport michigan
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!
same year and model. ironically this happened in the U.P. this past summer when driving in the rain. at first I thought it was because when the bottom of the slide was wet and you retract it the wiper seal didn't want to roll in and seal. so I tucked it in myself before moving on to the next destination. it rained during that day and when we got there it still had water when we extended the slide.. after taking it to the dealer and not getting it fixed because its not covered under second year warranty (but they were willing to try and fix it if I paid), I took a much closer look when the slide is in and I believe (as did the dealer) that the seal is too short. when the slide is fully retracted I was able to put my hand up there and feel a gap between the slide and the seal. the attached picture is the taller seal for reference. camper is in storage for winter right now so I have until spring to decide if I want to tackle this myself or pay the dealer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide05.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	128561   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide03.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	128562   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide02.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	128563   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide01.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	128564   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide04.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	128565  

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide06.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	128566   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper seal AP Products 018-316.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	128567  
__________________
2014 F150 Eco
2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
craigster_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
Sunny Cove
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: State of Superior, aka da U.P.
Posts: 21
Thanks for your response. Not sure why dealer said your second year warrantee does not cover the slide water issue. Our dealer worked on ours in the second year for this and other issues at no charge. You might want to ask Forest River about that.

We had ours worked on again this last fall and have not had a test yet. We will this spring as well.

Your pictures are not real clear. Looks like mostly taken with your slide out. Are you saying the seal does not seal when slid in and a wider seal may fix the issue?

Thanks. Sunnycove
__________________
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
craigster_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: newport michigan
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Thanks for your response. Not sure why dealer said your second year warrantee does not cover the slide water issue. Our dealer worked on ours in the second year for this and other issues at no charge. You might want to ask Forest River about that.

We had ours worked on again this last fall and have not had a test yet. We will this spring as well.

Your pictures are not real clear. Looks like mostly taken with your slide out. Are you saying the seal does not seal when slid in and a wider seal may fix the issue?

Thanks. Sunnycove
Yeah, should of had someone else take pic while I held the tape measure. I agree that they should fix it and I do intend to contact FR about this. it's not like the seal wore down or something, it was this way from the factory. yes, I think there is a gap between the seal and the underside of the slide. that seal comes in different sizes and I think the taller size would keep the seal in contact with the slide. What did your dealer do to fix yours?

thanks,
craig
__________________
2014 F150 Eco
2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
craigster_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
Sunny Cove
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: State of Superior, aka da U.P.
Posts: 21
Hey Craig,

Our dealer installed an additional rubber bulb seal that marries with the original seal as the slide closes. Sorry I do not have a pic of it.

It is just a round rubber seal that is screwed to the underside of the slide. This helped but we still got a little leakage on the rear side of the slide directly over the tires. So this fall they added some additional seal to the rear and we never drove in rain so not sure if fixed yet.
__________________
Sunnycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
craigster_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: newport michigan
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Hey Craig,

Our dealer installed an additional rubber bulb seal that marries with the original seal as the slide closes. Sorry I do not have a pic of it.

It is just a round rubber seal that is screwed to the underside of the slide. This helped but we still got a little leakage on the rear side of the slide directly over the tires. So this fall they added some additional seal to the rear and we never drove in rain so not sure if fixed yet.
thanks sunny,

if you could take a picture this spring that would be great.

craig
__________________

__________________
2014 F150 Eco
2015 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2504S
craigster_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.