Old 05-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Sunny Cove

2504s Water leaking under slide

Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 05-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
Middle Aged Member

I have found out this trip that o have the same issue. Carpet was wet on the slide out when we got to campground.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Sunny Cove

2504s Slide Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer59 View Post
I have found out this trip that o have the same issue. Carpet was wet on the slide out when we got to campground.
Hey Archer59, If you find a solution to fixing the leak, please let me know what it is. My trailer goes back into the dealer next Tuesday for the 5th time for this and other issues. Good Luck!!! Sunnycove
Old 06-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #4

I have a 2016 2504S. It has let in so much dust the CD/DVD no longer works. Has anyone got an answer for this problem? I have contacted Forest River but no answer as of yet.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Sunny Cove

Grizzzman, Did you ever receive a fix or response from Forest River regarding your water infiltration under your slide?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnycove View Post
Hi all 2504s Owners,

We have our 2015.5 2504s into our dealer four times to resolve the water infiltration from under our slide which only occurs when driving with wet pavement. Has anyone else experienced this and have you been able to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!
same year and model. ironically this happened in the U.P. this past summer when driving in the rain. at first I thought it was because when the bottom of the slide was wet and you retract it the wiper seal didn't want to roll in and seal. so I tucked it in myself before moving on to the next destination. it rained during that day and when we got there it still had water when we extended the slide.. after taking it to the dealer and not getting it fixed because its not covered under second year warranty (but they were willing to try and fix it if I paid), I took a much closer look when the slide is in and I believe (as did the dealer) that the seal is too short. when the slide is fully retracted I was able to put my hand up there and feel a gap between the slide and the seal. the attached picture is the taller seal for reference. camper is in storage for winter right now so I have until spring to decide if I want to tackle this myself or pay the dealer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide05.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	128561   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide03.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	128562   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide02.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	128563   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide01.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	128564   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide04.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	128565  

Click image for larger version

Name:	slide06.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	128566   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper seal AP Products 018-316.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	128567  
Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
Sunny Cove

Thanks for your response. Not sure why dealer said your second year warrantee does not cover the slide water issue. Our dealer worked on ours in the second year for this and other issues at no charge. You might want to ask Forest River about that.

We had ours worked on again this last fall and have not had a test yet. We will this spring as well.

Your pictures are not real clear. Looks like mostly taken with your slide out. Are you saying the seal does not seal when slid in and a wider seal may fix the issue?

Thanks. Sunnycove
Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Not sure why dealer said your second year warrantee does not cover the slide water issue. Our dealer worked on ours in the second year for this and other issues at no charge. You might want to ask Forest River about that.

We had ours worked on again this last fall and have not had a test yet. We will this spring as well.

Your pictures are not real clear. Looks like mostly taken with your slide out. Are you saying the seal does not seal when slid in and a wider seal may fix the issue?

Thanks. Sunnycove
Yeah, should of had someone else take pic while I held the tape measure. I agree that they should fix it and I do intend to contact FR about this. it's not like the seal wore down or something, it was this way from the factory. yes, I think there is a gap between the seal and the underside of the slide. that seal comes in different sizes and I think the taller size would keep the seal in contact with the slide. What did your dealer do to fix yours?

thanks,
craig
Old 01-24-2017, 04:11 PM   #9
Sunny Cove

Hey Craig,

Our dealer installed an additional rubber bulb seal that marries with the original seal as the slide closes. Sorry I do not have a pic of it.

It is just a round rubber seal that is screwed to the underside of the slide. This helped but we still got a little leakage on the rear side of the slide directly over the tires. So this fall they added some additional seal to the rear and we never drove in rain so not sure if fixed yet.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Hey Craig,

Our dealer installed an additional rubber bulb seal that marries with the original seal as the slide closes. Sorry I do not have a pic of it.

It is just a round rubber seal that is screwed to the underside of the slide. This helped but we still got a little leakage on the rear side of the slide directly over the tires. So this fall they added some additional seal to the rear and we never drove in rain so not sure if fixed yet.
thanks sunny,

if you could take a picture this spring that would be great.

craig

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak