Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #1

2604WS

We keep going back and forth between trailers the 2703 WS and the 2604WS, the 2604 seems to work really well for us with the two chairs, although that little table between the two chairs seems to interfere with the swivel operation. Second item that concerns us is that the counter top extension seems wobbly when hooked up to the little opening drawer. Has any one else ran into this and are there any other things that folks like and or dislike?

Old 06-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #2

I own a 2015 2604WS, you are correct about the table between the chairs. It's way to cramped with that center table. I removed mine. That seemed to have helped. Not sure why they decided to put so much in that area. They should have not put those two end tables and the center table with the lamp. There is plenty of light in that camper. As for the counter extension, I have yet to use it. But my least rockwood 2303S had one and it seemed pretty sturdy. Will give you an update to that when I put it to good use.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #3

bea60 , Overall are you pretty happy with the 2015 2604WS?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #4
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkunder View Post
We keep going back and forth between trailers the 2703 WS and the 2604WS, the 2604 seems to work really well for us with the two chairs, although that little table between the two chairs seems to interfere with the swivel operation. Second item that concerns us is that the counter top extension seems wobbly when hooked up to the little opening drawer. Has any one else ran into this and are there any other things that folks like and or dislike?
We love our 2604WS. We used the extra counter extension and found that by gently pulling the leg out at the bottom, most of the wobble was cured. However, that extension is not billed as a work area by Rockwood. It is intended for food and beverage service, not preparation. We keep one sink cover on during prep and use the stove cover for added space. If you're cooking a big meal, the extension works just fine to hold sliced and diced ingredients. Just don't expect it to acommodate the use of a cutting board.
Penny prefers the sofa to a chair, so we solved the "table problem" by removing a chair. This made more floor space for our kittens (tail on left) and I kept my reading light.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps30ad010a.jpg

Given the storage, amenities and living space, it's hard to beat the 2604WS in the under 30 ft. class.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #5

We are happy with our 2604 with the exception of the chair situation. Have you sat in the chairs to see if that arrangement works for you? The chair nearest to the door has no leg room in front due to the cabinets. The chair closest to the couch has to be moved onto the couch to bring the slide in. If we had it to do over, I think we would go with the 2904SS, which is almost the same trailer with 3 feet added to the rear to make the chairs work. The other solution is as awellis3 said above- remove one of the chairs.
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_and_I View Post
If we had it to do over, I think we would go with the 2904SS, which is almost the same trailer with 3 feet added to the rear to make the chairs work.
Our friends have a similar layout in their Starcraft. It is 3 feet longer than our Rockwood. I wanted to stay under 30 feet, so compromises were made. But, 3 more feet didn't get them the storage we have in our 2604WSs.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Old 06-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #7

You have the added benefit of the bedroom slider from the storage standpoint. That wasn't offered in my model year.
2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #8

Yes, I just love mine. Plenty of space. But only if it's pouring out do we really hang out inside. But I love the floor plan. Very comfortable if you have guests. The sleep sofa is comfortable enough for a couple of nights. I'm sure what ever you decide on, you will be pleased with.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_and_I View Post
You have the added benefit of the bedroom slider from the storage standpoint. That wasn't offered in my model year.
FR giveth and FR taketh away ... with a wardrobe slide, there is no opening window in the bedroom. I asked the FR rep at an RV show why the big front window didn't have a part that opened, and he said it was because of the possibility of water leaking in while driving. I told him I was playing my "bullsh!t card" on that one. TTs have had opening front windows since day one. He just smiled.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #10

The closet storage is a great added feature. I had them add a fantastic fan in my vent. It gives the camper a lot more air circulation. The small window and open door helps a lot too. Your right about the front window, that would be a good idea if it was able to open.

Tags