Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Roaminaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 20
2608BS faucet water pressure

Our unit has what I thought was a faulty kitchen faucet. The pullout nozzle has adequate pressure on spray but slows considerably on regular stream. Removed the head and lots of pressure out of the line. Dealer agreed it was faulty. They installed a new faucet and same thing. Anyone else having water pressure issues with their kitchen faucet? I may just go to Home Depot and buy a new one, but the point is I shouldnt have to.
__________________

__________________
Bend, OR
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel super crew
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,389
If you have lots of flow/pressure out the supply line then the design of the faucet has to be the culprit. A second faucet performing exactly the same would indicate just that.

If you aren't happy with it, go to any plumbing supply store and pick one of your choice. They are the same as household faucets.

Should you have to?... I guess that's a matter of opinion. If the factory one is working as designed, then there's no reason for warranty to buy you a different one just because you don't like the one it came with.
__________________

__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
go to any plumbing supply store and pick one of your choice.
How exhilarating!

Finally...finally, somebody has posted the correct place to buy a real faucet. I really do believe this is the first time I have read here where somebody suggested going to an actual plumbing supply [house] to buy a quality faucet instead of going to Home Depot or Lowe’s — unless 5picker is considering these places as plumbing supply houses — he did use the word “store” instead of “house”, so it is possible he is including these places, but that’s not how I interpreted it.

Every time I see somebody suggest replacing your “cheap RV faucet” with a “quality (name-brand) faucet” from Home Depot or Lowe’s, I cringe. I cringe because almost all of these “name-brand” faucets sold at Home Depot and Lowe’s are no better than the faucets that came with your RV. Most of the name-brand faucets you buy at a plumbing supply house will be better than the faucets that came with your RV, and they will always be better than the same name-brand faucets that you buy at Home Depot or Lowe’s — except for Price Pfister — today’s (and most of yesteryear) Price Pfister faucets are ALL junk, no matter where you buy them.

I hope I read 5picker’s post the way I think he meant it, and I hope this is a sign of the beginning of people here knowing there is a difference between the quality of many of the things you buy at Home Depot and Lowe’s and the quality of similar things you buy at stores that specialize in a certain type of product.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:03 AM   #4
Member
 
Hatchdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Deer Park, WA
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaminaround View Post
Our unit has what I thought was a faulty kitchen faucet. The pullout nozzle has adequate pressure on spray but slows considerably on regular stream. Removed the head and lots of pressure out of the line. Dealer agreed it was faulty. They installed a new faucet and same thing. Anyone else having water pressure issues with their kitchen faucet? I may just go to Home Depot and buy a new one, but the point is I shouldnt have to.
Our 2020 2608BS has the exact faucet issues as you describe, good pressure with the spray feature in the kitchen and good pressure in both the bathroom sink and shower. Only the kitchen standard flow faucet has low pressure. I was planning on checking the aerator but it sounds like low pressure is a design issue with this faucet.
Hatchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 1,034
Faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
How exhilarating!

Finally...finally, somebody has posted the correct place to buy a real faucet. I really do believe this is the first time I have read here where somebody suggested going to an actual plumbing supply [house] to buy a quality faucet instead of going to Home Depot or Lowe’s — unless 5picker is considering these places as plumbing supply houses — he did use the word “store” instead of “house”, so it is possible he is including these places, but that’s not how I interpreted it.

Every time I see somebody suggest replacing your “cheap RV faucet” with a “quality (name-brand) faucet” from Home Depot or Lowe’s, I cringe. I cringe because almost all of these “name-brand” faucets sold at Home Depot and Lowe’s are no better than the faucets that came with your RV. Most of the name-brand faucets you buy at a plumbing supply house will be better than the faucets that came with your RV, and they will always be better than the same name-brand faucets that you buy at Home Depot or Lowe’s — except for Price Pfister — today’s (and most of yesteryear) Price Pfister faucets are ALL junk, no matter where you buy them.

I hope I read 5picker’s post the way I think he meant it, and I hope this is a sign of the beginning of people here knowing there is a difference between the quality of many of the things you buy at Home Depot and Lowe’s and the quality of similar things you buy at stores that specialize in a certain type of product.

Bruce
Really curious as to what formed your opinion. Not wishing to start an online feud,genuinely curious.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
Really curious as to what formed your opinion. Not wishing to start an online feud,genuinely curious.


I’m a plumber. Have been for almost four decades. I know faucets.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Dunn, NC
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I’m a plumber. Have been for almost four decades. I know faucets.

Bruce
Your experience is impressive but I was looking for specifics on product defects and applications. Can you provide any specifics of short comongs by brand?? Thanks
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:44 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
Your experience is impressive but I was looking for specifics on product defects and applications. Can you provide any specifics of short comongs by brand?? Thanks
The list of differences and deficiencies is so extensive for each brand that taking the time to post them all on this tread would be a waste since it is completely off-topic from the original post. I would gladly do it if there was a thread where these things were more pertinent and the people reading were more interested.

I thought my first post was already a bit long-winded and off-topic for this thread, so I decided what I had written was enough to get my point across without getting into the details. I feel that a post about the details of this here would be lost.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 81
While I'm not a plumber, I have never had a low pressure faucet nor a faucet failure. I lived in rentals in a college town and have our 2nd home. We have always bought at the dreaded Lowe's or Home Depot. No problems for my mom or in-laws either. Thanks for your input, but a global statement that they are no better than the RV faucet is ludicrous. Our home faucet is 10x better than our TT or RV faucet.
__________________
2019 Forester 3011 DS
2015 Jayflight 28BHBE (sold)
2015 Ram 2500 Megacab 4x4 6.4 L Hemi 4.10 gearing

"Is this a game show?"
sugarray40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Roaminaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
Our 2020 2608BS has the exact faucet issues as you describe, good pressure with the spray feature in the kitchen and good pressure in both the bathroom sink and shower. Only the kitchen standard flow faucet has low pressure. I was planning on checking the aerator but it sounds like low pressure is a design issue with this faucet.
Thank you for being on topic. You confirmed my suspicion. I have replaced the kitchen faucets with home models with pullout sprayers on our last 2 trailers. Since this one had a pullout sprayer I was hoping it would suffice. An interesting note on the repair receipt. “Installed new faucet and tested. Works as designed.” I guess that’s my answer. The only advantage I can see with this “design” is it may help when boondocking.
__________________
Bend, OR
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel super crew
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #11
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaminaround View Post
Thank you for being on topic. You confirmed my suspicion. I have replaced the kitchen faucets with home models with pullout sprayers on our last 2 trailers. Since this one had a pullout sprayer I was hoping it would suffice. An interesting note on the repair receipt. “Installed new faucet and tested. Works as designed.” I guess that’s my answer. The only advantage I can see with this “design” is it may help when boondocking.
And there's the rub... and the fine line the R/V industry has to walk. If they'd put in the kind of faucet that flows lots of water, the boondocking crowd would fuss.

I'd rather put up with a low flowing faucet on hook-ups knowing I won't excessively waste water when boondocking.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Roaminaround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 20
Yeah I don’t really buy that excuse though. That’s why there’s handles on those faucets. You can turn it low but not higher in this case. Takes forever to fill a pot or the coffee carafe. I think it’s more about cutting costs and pushing them out the door. We owned 2 Nash’s before this Rockwood. There’s a long list of items where the Nash was better built with better components. Our Rockwood is certainly prettier and fancier but I have my doubts how it will hold up in 10 years.
__________________
Bend, OR
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel super crew
Roaminaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:44 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarray40 View Post
Our home faucet is 10x better than our TT or RV faucet.
How so? Please be specific.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #14
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaminaround View Post
Yeah I don’t really buy that excuse though. That’s why there’s handles on those faucets. You can turn it low but not higher in this case. Takes forever to fill a pot or the coffee carafe. I think it’s more about cutting costs and pushing them out the door. We owned 2 Nash’s before this Rockwood. There’s a long list of items where the Nash was better built with better components. Our Rockwood is certainly prettier and fancier but I have my doubts how it will hold up in 10 years.
Not making excuses nor asking you to buy anything. I agree they make them cheaply.
Change it out for something you like better if it doesn't suit you.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 106
Unscrew the aerator on the faucet and make sure there's no plastic shavings stuck in it.
__________________

__________________
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali 6.6L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faucet, pressure, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.


×