Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #1

Thumbs up 2608SS changes for 2013

After hearing about a possible floor plan change, I can verify that there are some nice changes to the 2608SS. I've got a set of the plans here in front of me and hopefully some pictures and weights on the way. The new model will be 2608WS. Things changed are not all that much but what they did change will make a lot of people happy I'm sure (except for those who bought already).

They are adding a wardrobe slide in the bedroom. The slide will be located on the same side as the super slide. It will not lose any floor room as this slide retracts above the bed. I'm not exactly sure of the size but it's a cable operated slide so the extra weight should be minimal. It looks to be at least a 2 door WR and possibly a 3 door with one shelf unit. Either way, the extra storage will be a great addition.

Also new in the bedroom is one full height wardrobe with a mirrored door. They replaced one nightstand with a full height WR so now there will be only 1 nightstand.

They also added a battery quick disconnect inside right below the fridge. Now we won't have to go outside to turn the electric water heater on. Or at least we'll have the option of leaving it on if that's what you so choose.

We struck what we think was one heck of a deal on a '12 model, but now that we have seen the changes, we are going to get the new model if things work out. I'm sure there will be an increase in price, but for the extra storage, it will be worth it in my opinion. If anyone wants me to scan a picture of the floor plan let me know and I'll put one up in here.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #2

One more thing I forgot to mention. They added a antifreeze fill on the exterior of the unit. Not sure how this is going to work but it should prove interesting.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #3

The antifreeze fill on the exterior is also on the 2012.
Adolphbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #4

Picking up our 2013 Rockwood 2608ws tomorrow, looking forward to seeing where things are... based on internet pictures it is in three front right just before the door.

2013 Rockwood 2608WS
pasquale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #5

Well it is on the driver side rear, were the hot water tank is. Very accessible.

2013 Rockwood 2608WS
pasquale is offline   Reply With Quote