Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #1

2703WS dinette

How the HE double hockey sticks do you configure the cushions (bolsters) to make a bed??????? There are two that have more foam in them and you can not Kay them out to make a flat bed!!! Is there a way but I can't see it? Or, is thus just a sham to say you can sleep there, thank you!!!
Rick
Fishnfun54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #2

From looking at the some pictures, it looks like the same exact dinette my new one will have..and since it's not here yet, I can't answer your question, lol. We actually discussed it last week though, and it looks like the corner cushions aren't used for the bed. I think just the three seat back cushions fit on top of the table and the corners get put aside somewhere. That's something I didn't think to check out on the floor model I looked at.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #3

Well, when yours arrives..... Or if you find out between now and then, let me know. :-) yes, the corners are not used. But when you lay the rest if the cushions flat......they are all not the same thickness. Very frustrating unless I'm doing something wrong.
Fishnfun54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Hmm....I would think they would be the same thickness. The ones on my popup where, anyway. Does the table sit slightly lower than the seats when dropped down? Sounds like a pretty uncomfortable bed if it's uneven like that.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #5

I have a new Shamrock 25RS and have the same problem. The back cushions are thicker than the seat cushions. We went camping with some family members for Memorial day and I got stuck sleeping on the dinette. It was very hard because I had to sleep in basically 1 place towards the back. I was thinking of taking one of my seat cushions to an upholstery shop and give them the measurements of the table so they can make one the same thickness. I will probably leave the "new" cushion at home unless we are having company.
tclcyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #6

OK....mine just got here to the dealership today and I was able to look specifically for this. Same issue. My wife pointed out that the table legs were a good 3" above the floor when set down on the rails of the dinette seats and wanted to know what would happen if I slid it under the rails and set it directly on the floor. I tried and it almost worked except that the top of the table would probably get scratched on the edges. What I'm going to do when I get it home in a few days is measure the difference in thickness of the cushions, then move the seat brackets down a little and re-screw them into the seats so that the table sits just a little bit lower when collapsed. That should take care of the problem.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #7

That is the same dinette in the 2702SS that we're looking at. I found one picture online of a dinette folded down in sleeping configuration that looked flat. Let me see if I can find it.
MNFamilyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #8

From looking at the pics, it looks like the same one I have. I think what may have happened is Forest River started using thicker cushions and didn't modify the dinette to match. Easy fix.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #9

We just bought a 2703WS and I knew to test it out at the dealer before we bought after reading this thread. Sure enough, the cushions on the table are not flush with the others. It wasn't a big enough difference on ours that it will cause a problem, though.
IndyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #10

i have a 2014 2104s. just tried to use the dinette as a bed. had the same issue they are not the same. we ended up buying an air mattress an putting on top of it. We ended up with a 2" mattress topper and its ok. wife is thinking about making a mattress that will fit in the spot the smaller cushions go
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #11

OK....just got it home today ( a few days early..couldn't wait ). Unscrewed the rails on the dinette seat that the table rests on when collapsed. Re-screwed them in a little over 5/8" lower (couldn't tell you exactly...left the tape measure in the house and was too lazy to go back and find it, so I just eyeballed it and pencil marked it then used a level to line it up ). Fixed. Cushions sit perfectly flat now.