Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

2703WS Issue - Dometic Toilet & Loveseat Removal

We've had a number of issues with our trailer which I will not go into here.

Issue #1 Dometic Toilet. Whenever you step on the flush lever, water squirts out onto the bathroom floor. I don't see any hose inside to point straight down, but then I haven't stuck my face in there. Has anyone else had this issue?

Issue #2. We are thinking of removing the loveseat and replacing it with theater seating. Can anyone tell me if they know how to take apart the loveseat? I emailed Rockwood and they couldn't tell me. The loveseat is uncomfortable and the air bed never stays inflated. Our kids wake up in the middle of the night on metal. We've had it replaced but it's just not a good design. I'd rather get rid of it and let the kids sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag, in the dining area or in the new theater seats!

Help anyone?
Kashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #2

If your toilet is a Dometic model 300, then read this thread....

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ent-43509.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #3

Dometic Toilet....

I own a 2703WS and as far as the Toilet goes, I have seen the same issue. Mine was caused by my stupidity by not putting a pressure regulator on the incoming city water. Do you use one?

If you are having odor issues with the unit follow Fonzie's advice and check out the http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ent-43509.html thread in the forum. I had to call the twice to get mine replaced but they finally came through. Delivered it to the house and it took about 30 minutes to put it in.

Never thought about putting stadium seating in. have you done it yet and if so please post pictures.

I was thinking about getting rid of the couch and purring in 2 recliners.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #4

I have a 2703SS which is older version of the floor plan. The loveseat in mine is a separate assembly that is just screwed to the floor of the slide. If you pull the drawer from under the loveseat you will be able to see how it's attached and access the screws to back them out.

I guess you would have to measure to see if theater seating would fit.

Best of luck.

Tags
dometic