Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #1

2703WS Outside Color Question

Does anyone know if it is possible to special order the Taupe gloss color found on the Rockwood Signature series for the regular Rockwood Ultra Lite 2703WS. We know we want the weight and the layout of the 2703WS. But we love the darker color available on the Signature. And the Signature doesn't have the layout. Would buy one right now if they do, but unfortunately I think it is a pipe dream . Anyone know if its possible?
Myklskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

"Taupe" is a brownish-grey color. Are you talking about what Rockwood calls "tan"? Here's my tan trailer -

If this is what you are talking about, it is available on the 2703WS if you opt for the "Emerald Package."

Teach
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

That was the color we were going to with until we seen the Signature Series brown. It is darker brown and am told it has a gel coat finish that makes it really glossy. Similar to a higher end pusher.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #4

I suspect you are asking about this color scheme (our 5er)?

I would think if you custom order from the factory they would be willing to give you what you want - Ask your dealer about a custom order (this was a custom order BTW because of all the extra options)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our 5er.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	47586  
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

I think that's it...available only on the Emerald package...
Black
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #6

HSVBamaBob you are exactly right. I inquired about It at the dealer I am working with and he said no. I don't know if he is telling the truth. He knows that we were ready to pull the trigger on the Emerald 2703WS he has on his lot until we seen the darker tan. Im sure he would rather i buy that one. That's why I decide to put it up on the forum...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I bet that's one of the things that distinguish a Rockwood Signature Ultralight from a regular Ultralight...very much doubt that the factory will accommodate your request.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myklskc View Post
HSVBamaBob you are exactly right. I inquired about It at the dealer I am working with and he said no. I don't know if he is telling the truth. He knows that we were ready to pull the trigger on the Emerald 2703WS he has on his lot until we seen the darker tan. Im sure he would rather i buy that one. That's why I decide to put it up on the forum...
Myklskc...if the dealer is not willing to work with you on any and every detail RUN don't walk away!

Sadly, a honest/reliable/decent/reputable RV dealer is a hard thing to find (almost like the used car salesman cliche)

Check the forum RV Dealer ratings and see if there is a good one near you (I had a friend drive all the way down from KY to deal with our RV Dealer just because the business is just so damn decent!

Finally remember this mantra and repeat regularly:
"We are buying a House...we will own & live in this thing for Years...this is a Discretionary purchase, and we what what we Want"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #9

Yeah Dave you are probably right. I just wish the had the same floor plan in the Signature. I'll check dealer ratings too.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #10

Myklskc, IMHO the layout you want trumps color/finish. You will live inside day and night. You will wash/wax outside and about a week after you last saw the signature color you will probably forget what it looks like.
Don't assume, as many do, that the dealer is no good just because he says you can't get that color without buying Signature Series. Just do some research and see if they are reputable. You might mention who they are on this web site and some members may have used them.
Also, these units are not houses or cars. They are built OK, generally but not superior. Warranty work can be a hassle depending on your dealer. I have had my unit for about a year and have dealt with the mfgr to repair at a local RV authorized repair shop. Have never been back to the dealer, not because I don't think he would stand behind it but because it was more cost effective than driving 200 miles round trip but then again, I have not had any major problems. If your handy with your hands and use this forum you can remedy a lot of small problems at little cost or travel time to and from a dealer.
We have the Rockwood 2604WS with the Emerald Package. We looked at the 2703 but opted for a little lighter trailer. Loved the 2703 also. We bought the 2604 because of the layout and the other options that came with that package and we love. Lived in it for over a month on trip from Fl to Canada. Layout trumps color IMHO.
Good luck with your decision but unless your ready to wait for 8+ weeks or more don't let a good deal with something you like get away. Buying season is cranking up and the factory is booming from what I understand and lead time is pushing out. 8 weeks from now is middle of May?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #11
WFD

That color exterior is only available on the upgraded Diamond Package, thats what its called in the Rockwood and Flagstaff, other Forest River products may call it something else. As others have said , in some models its called the Emerald package....its much like buying a car, even though you factory order, some things come as part of a package, and some things you cant change. These aren't custom built units.

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #12

I agree. Layout trumps color and I will be going with the 2703WS . I just wanted to exhaust research into if the other could be obtained. I'm not saying I think the dealer is lying, I just can tell he wants to sell me the one on his lot. It's been there since September. I actually like the dealer, and he does have good rating on this forum. Also Awellis3, how does that Tundra tow your 2703WS .
Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #13

We just got 2014 super light 26RLWS, I was like you I love the darker colors.. I went with the Emerald package for the darker color's . The color we have is great for not showing to much dirt.. Was thinkin I would rather had the darker top. But I notice they show the dirt worse then just the white tops plus will be cooler in the georgia summer heat..
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #14
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Myklskc, IMHO the layout you want trumps color/finish. ...Good luck with your decision but unless you'er ready to wait for 8+ weeks or more don't let a good deal with something you like get away. Buying season is cranking up and the factory is booming from what I understand and lead time is pushing out. 8 weeks from now is middle of May?
Two very good points. You can always have the exterior repainted at some point, but you can't rebuild an interor. (Well, you could but ...)
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #15

Can't answer your question, but wanted to say that we love our 2703WS. We have the Emerald Package and have the light tan color.

Great trailer and the huge living space shocks everyone when they see it.
IndyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Myklskc.

Finally remember this mantra and repeat regularly:
"We are buying a House...we will own & live in this thing for Years...this is a Discretionary purchase, and we what what we Want"
Excellent Advice! We've always taken whatever we found, used, whether it really met our needs or not and I have to tell you, that's not really all that cost effective.

Regarding the color issue, as of today , The color difference is the Emerald Package. That is the only color option. It comes with some other nice items such as the cool windows, corian counters, etc. One of the things we like about that is not having white moldings is the idea of not having to work so hard to keep it nice and clean.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:32 AM   #17

Just took delivery of our 2703ws Emerald . Lovin it already....