Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #1

2707ws bouncy

Hi there!

My husband and I just upgraded from our minilite to a 2019 2707ws. We are currently out on our first camping trip and noticed the when either of us are walking around there is a lot of movement and bouncing. The trailer doesn’t seem firm. Is this because of the power jacks? Our minilite had the scissor jacks and that trailer felt so much more solid. Any advice on how to make the trailer feel more solid when we are walking around in it?

Thanks in advance!
Carly
akasha7585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #2

Do you have x chocks? Are you putting anything under the power jack feet so they don't have to extend as far?
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #3

JT strongarms or BAL Steadyfast will make a huge difference. I have the x chocks and they don't make a huge difference
Old 08-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #4

add a little more pressure to the jacks and see how it feels. NOT TOO MUCH !! My TT moves up about 1/4" when I put my jacks down. I don't go much more than that. 36' 6" between 9500 to 10,000 lbs loaded.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

We have the smaller x chalks. We tried putting something under the jacks to see if it helped but I swear it made it worse. We don’t have a strongarm but something we are looking into. Is this a common issue with this trailer?
Old 08-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to flaggonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha7585 View Post
We have the smaller x chalks. We tried putting something under the jacks to see if it helped but I swear it made it worse. We don’t have a strongarm but something we are looking into. Is this a common issue with this trailer?
Carly, we have the exact same trailer. We make sure the trailer is level and then check it again when the slides are out. We use the large metal X Chocks and tighten them fairly good (not over cranked, just nice and snug) it works great for us. I also use 4 of the plastic yellowish plates under each jack, see pic and zoom in. We apply just a tiny bit of pressure on each leg and the trailer is fine.

Hope that helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rockwood 2707 and truck.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	211937  
flaggonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #7

Steady

Our trailer has both slides on the same side, really rocked at 1st. We have 22" of slides on a 27" light trailer. . We added the X-chocks and level slide side 1/2 bubble high, before putting slides out. WE put all 4 electric stabilizers down on 12"x12" blocks, then walk around and bump each button. This has worked for us and improved stability to where it is not noticeable. I tried the slide jacks prior to the X-chocks which helped, but less than the chocks. I can see how you could do damage to your slide w/ these if you tightened them too much or forgot to remove them before putting slides in. We do not need them now and 45 lbs. less to carry.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggonzo View Post
Carly, we have the exact same trailer. We make sure the trailer is level and then check it again when the slides are out. We use the large metal X Chocks and tighten them fairly good (not over cranked, just nice and snug) it works great for us. I also use 4 of the plastic yellowish plates under each jack, see pic and zoom in. We apply just a tiny bit of pressure on each leg and the trailer is fine.

Hope that helps!

Hi! Thank you for information on the issue we are having. Another unrelated question if you don’t mind. We currently pull with a Tundra. Certainly not a heavy duty truck. No problem with power but have considerable trailer sway above 60 mph and on freeway when being overtaken by a big rig, even with an E2 sway control and weight distribution hitch. Reading that possibly may not have enough tongue weight. We have never had a trailer this heavy or long so not sure if it’s just a weight distribution issue or if a HD Truck will help with sway issues. Any experience you could share about this specific trailer will be much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #9

Tundra

I had a 2014 Tundra 1794, payload cap was 1360 lb. Your's will be on the driver's side door. I was very happy w/ the truck and pulled w/ it for 2 years, 10K miles w/ a E4 WDH. You can check my other posts to see the things I added. The one item that helped the most was Timbren bump stops. They look like big Kong dog toys, take about 45 minutes to install. These are about $275 on Etrailer.com. It does not change the ride when unloaded, but prevented the rear squat w/ trailer w/ no additional maintiance. It also reduced the jarring bumps when hitting bumps, settled the trailer towing and reduced the sway. All the additions do not change the payload cap. I loved the Tundra, I had two generations. Great trucks, but w/ my 7500 lb., nose heavy V-front TT, the brakes and the too low payload cap were just enough to be comfortable in the mountains.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasha7585 View Post
This is a common issues on all trailers! Regarding your hitch be sure it is properly adjusted. You may need to add a washer or two.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:01 PM   #11

Tundra

If you have a crew max Tundra w/ 5' 6" bed, you maybe close to where I was on payload cap. All that extra rear seat room, eats away on payload cap, EX-sunroof cuts weight off payload cap. Looking @ spec of FR 2707, you are 5' longer than the trailer I pull. A lot of length for short wheelbase truck. When you get your weight w/ full propane and battery you will be close to 1K tongue weight. FR lies on weights. I hope your numbers work out. It was a learning experience for me, and this was not my first RV. Is the E2 an anti-sway WDH? You may need to swap to an E4.
We had one of the largest pop-ups Colman ever built. Two king beds and 1 short full bed. "Enterprise ?"
Old 08-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #12

I agree that you many need to get a different hitch but the first place to start is tires. If the number on the side of your tires begin with a P, you should exchange for LT tires and keep the rears around 65-70 psi when towing. Maybe 45-50 in the front. That was my game changer when i figured it out

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #13

Before throwing money to the wind.....get some more weight up front and see if it helps. Do the cheap tricks before dumping money into new hitches, tires, shocks and all the other stuff. On a trip to the dealer I could not figure why the TT was so squirlley....never acted that way before. When dropping off at dealer I realized the wife had removed everything from front compartment and Master bed...(front of trailer) the reduced weight really screwed up the towing characteristics of it. Once I repacked it was fine again.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote