Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
MMCM/SS

2nd Year Warranty

Its now been over a month that I sent Forest River a check for the second year factory warranty. I filled out the correct form and mailed it to the correct address. Either the letter got lost in the mail, or they have not cashed my check yet. The form has a place on the bottom for Forest River to sign, I left that blank. I mailed the form four days after we got the camper. Is this normal? How long does it take? Will they send me something that says I have a second year warranty?????
Tooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Several of us did the second year warranty over the phone. Most of us heard back within a couple of weeks but it was closer to 4-6 weeks for some members. Some commented that their check wasn't cashed right away either. Why not contact FR to check on the status?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #3

Yes, they will sign the document you sent and return a copy to you. They are very busy right now as it's the beginning of camping season. If you don't here anything soon, google FOREST RIVER CUSTOMER SUPPORT or WARRANTY DEPT.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Site Team

Several of us provided a credit card over the phone which might account for the faster turn-around period.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #5

They no longer take credit cards. It needs to be a check sent by mail. There was a 10 day sign up period when they accepted credit cards, now that they only accept checks, the 10 day sign up limit no longer is required.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #6
Site Team

Now I remember reading something about no longer accepting payment by credit card. While it was a long time ago I picked up the 2nd year warranty around month 9 after buying my TT.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #7

I emailed them after about three weeks (check hadn't been cashed) and was told they had it and it was being processed. The check was cashed about a week later and I received the paperwork back about a week after that.

This was the end of last August/beginning of last September and I was told they were very busy that time of year and not to worry about the 10 days.
IndyCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #8

Don't worry about it, takes a while for them to get a signed copy back to you. Seems like 6-8 weeks for mine, but that was last almost 2 years ago.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
I ordered in January a Wildcat 282RKX from RVW, picked it up March 14th. Sent my check and paper work to FR on March 16th. After a month I called and talked to Rhonda, after checking she said RVW had not yet sent in the paper work showing it was a sold unit. So she sent my application and check made out to FR back to RVW.

Well yesterday was the 4th call (about once every 3 weeks) to Rhonda at FR and still nothing accomplished. She said she would call RVW again and find out "what is going on". She also said she would call me back yesterday, still waiting..........

My check has never been cashed.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
Don't worry about it, takes a while for them to get a signed copy back to you. Seems like 6-8 weeks for mine, but that was last almost 2 years ago.
That was the same experience we had as well.

Tags
warranty