Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
3 into 1?

Hello. I have a 8281SS 5th wheel that has 3 dump drains. It takes 3 times as long to dump now. Has anyone merged these into 1? Would love to see pictures or ideas. Thank you.

4Rasnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
I have two dump drains !!

I have two dump drains, actually three. Up front on the 8285WS there is a gray water dump valve and a black dump valve, both into one connection.
Then behind the wheels is another gray dump connection and valve. I agree it is a pain in the rear for the rear dump connection for the galley (kitchen). I just purchased a second Rhino hose, already have one for the front. Now I plan before the bump is sent out to connect the second hose to the rear dump connection along with the "EXSPANDO SNAKE" support with a cap on the end of the hose laid out next to the front hose. Now all I have to do is disconnect the front from the sewer connection, hook the rear, dump the rear. Replace the cap on the rear, reconnect the front hose to sewer dump.

Seems complicated, but it is more simple that crawling under the 5 VER to connect the rear hose when dumping is needed.

I have not found a "Y" connection that will fit my "RHINO" hoses.

Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
I used to have a galley dump towards the front and the rear dump for the bathroom grey and black tanks. I tried the "Y" and it was more of a hassel hooking up than it was to move the hose from one dump to the other. Had hosses laying around everywhere. I used three hoses with the "Y". One from each dump to the "Y" and one from the "Y" to the campground's sewer hookup.

My LaCrosse has one dump and one valve for the galley and grey tank and one valve for the black tank. Now I use only one hose instead of three. Much easier.

P.S. Daisy I bought the "Y" for my rhino hose at my dealer.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
what year is your 8281SS? I have four on mine...three midway...and one black at the very rear for the second bathroom

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Its a 2011 MY. From the front to the rear there is 1 dump for the front bathroom grey and black (2 valves-1 outlet), 1 dump for the kitchen and back bathroom grey, then 1 dump for the back bathroom black. The biggest hassle is that I have to move the camper after I get the front two dumped because the rear dump is all the way at the rear of the camper. People in the line behind me get a little irratated when they think I am ready to leave and all I have done is moved 20 feet forward to drain yet another tank. I will figure something out to get all into one or at least 2.
4Rasnicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
When you do let me know, I have one too. Was looking at plumbing everything to one but I think wheels are in the way. If there was a way to plumb back to middle that would be fine, I just do see a way.
mstell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
I use a plug for my galley drain that allows a garden hose hook up. When at full hook up sites its easy to drain the galley drain. At dump stations it is a little slow so I move for the second dump. I have the 8313 black and grey at rear and galley drain under front slide.

Bill And Theresa Perry, At Lake Gaston
2003 F 150 Super crew with 5.4 Tow package
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote