Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #1

Unhappy 5th wheel decals and graphics on trailer

I have a 2007 Rockwood 8285ss. The decal stripes on the street side of my trailer are curling at the edges and some are fading. They are not as bad on the curb side. I would think they would have lasted longer than 2 years! I have waxed the trailer 3 times and they are starting to look bad. Any ideas?
Would this fall under the warrenty for the outside fiberglass sides of the trailer? All you experts out there, help!
railmaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Site Team

2 years does seem like a short time. Mine's almost 4 years old and showing no signs of fading. If you bought the second year factory warranty I'd definitely contact FR about it. You might contact them anyway just in case they had an issue with them and may replace them for you.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Knower of Some Things

I also agree - 2 years is a short time. Of course, southern sun is harsh on them (AZ, NM, FL, TX, etc), if you've spent any time down that way. I've also seen instances where the manufacturer used the wrong kind of vinyl. You can re-do the majority of them pretty cheap, though, search for a local auto trim place.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #4

I have a 2006 Rockwood 8272S that has the same problems along some edges of my decals. I was trying to wash & wax, and I was finding little pieces missing along the edges. I contacted Forestriver and was emailed by Ashley Debolt. She told me to send individual pictures of each decal you wish to replace so she can get prices and part #'s for them. Her email is adebolt@forestriverinc.com. Your year and model # of trailer would be necessary too. Best of luck!
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #5

Unhappy

Thanks alot! I'll check it out. I went out and checked the trailer again in storage and the decals are worse than I thought.
railmaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Computer Guy

Mine are peeling too. seems like the tan colored decals. I'm just going to clean it off and not worry about it. I think it is the fiberglass and decals don't go too well together.

2019 Coachman Chaparral Lite 295BH

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 5.9 Diesel
Jimmy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Mine are starting to peel on the front also. It gets full sun most of the day. The sides are still OK. And this is on a 2008.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #8

How about decals that are streaked or fading ? Is there a product to clean them? I've used a clean/wax product by Maquire but that didn't do much. Any suggestions?
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #9

Question Decals on Rockwood

I have a 2006 model 8244S fifth wheel and the decals are wrinkled, edges curled, and shrinking. I would like to replace them. Where can I get them, does Forest River warantee them, and approx. how much do they cost?
Tom Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #10

If you need decals, call Cindy, at 574-642-2640 , in the Rockwood/Flagstaff parts dept. She's very helpful; and busy also. You may have to leave a message. She WILL return your call. She'll need you VIN number, so have it ready when calling.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, rockwood