Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I like to see just a sliver of light between the head and the teflon disc.
With me it usually depends on how the FW and TV are sitting on unhooking.

With the FW in the storage bay on level concrete I usually have to raise it just a bit, but always have to back the TV up a little.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
B47

And FWIW, step 7 in the Unhooking Procedure of the Husky manual tells you to back the truck up slightly if the handle won't pull out - doesn't say anything about raising the FW up.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm just the opposite of most, I don't raise the pinbox off the hitch at all. In fact, I usually have pressure on the hitch to the point the truck is still squatted just a bit.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:

I like to see just a sliver of light between the head and the teflon disc.
The dealer removed my disc when they installed the wedge. Should I put the disc back? (Don't mean to change subject)
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
The dealer removed my disc when they installed the wedge. Should I put the disc back? (Don't mean to change subject)
I would ask your dealer for either your disk back or money to buy a replacement one.

These disks help you in not having to put grease on your hitch plate and help reduce friction - both good things.

These disks have been discussed here before - do a search.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #16

Quote:

What wedge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I would ask your dealer for either your disk back or money to buy a replacement one.

These disks help you in not having to put grease on your hitch plate and help reduce friction - both good things.

First thing I grabbed off the shelf in the parts dept.
Handed it to the PDI guy saw him nod, he said he had one on his.
I did not want to deal with grease on the trailer or hitch.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
jdadoug

Unhitching

I seem to have some trouble once in a while unhitching. I figured it out real soon though, its always the same. Go put it in neutral or sometimes put it in reverse.
The disc that I got with the camper (used) musta been worn out cause it kept falling off when I wanted to back under. Then I managed to fold that one up as I was trying to get under the pin box. I would say the disc is a absolute!

One thing I learned while pulling a trailer behind my motorcycle is to use wax paper on my ball. The wax paper acts as a lubricant, about like the disc does. A lot better than using grease, the one time I did I managed to get it on pants..... I took a nine state ride pulling the trailer and only changed the wax paper a coupla times.

One trick I learned was the "string"
That makes it a lot eaiser to get the height right when jacking either way. I have mine on a magnet, easier to adjust the string if needed.
jdadoug
Old 10-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
You don't need the disc at the hitch with the wedge installed because the hitch pin does not rotate at the hitch pin. The trailer pivots 22" back and it already has a plastic type wear surface built into the pivot. That's one of the big advantages of the Reese Revolution Sidewinder hitch.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

They didn't keep the disc. Just took it off and put in basement. I'll read my revolution hitch paperwork when I get unit out of service. I know it does say spray hitch, pin and wedge with lithium grease.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
What wedge? First thing I grabbed off the shelf in the parts dept. Handed it to the PDI guy saw him nod, he said he had one on his. I did not want to deal with grease on the trailer or hitch.
If you use the Reese Revolution Hitch and activate it by installing the wedge at the rear of the hitch pin, you don't need or want a disc at the hitch pin. The hitch pin does not rotate at the hitch. The trailer pivots 22" behind the hitch pin at the trailer pivot.

Tags
5th wheel, hitch, wheel