Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #1

Angry 5th wheel slide

I have a 2011, 26ft Rockwood 5th wheel. It has one slide which is the kitchen table. The slide quit in Sept of this yr. It would not open and only a clicking sound could be heard. It was determined by the dealer (Travelhome) of Langley BC Canada, that the motor had to be replace. It took two month's, thats right, two months from the time they ordered the parts until I was able to bring it home, repaired. Is two month's not an unreasonable time to have to wait for a slide repair. I was told that was how long it could take due to parts coming across the border from the states. Has anyone else experienced this total unacceptable time delay through their dealers. What if I had been actually out camping when this occurred?? Not in my back yard after a week of camping. Just curious as to this time delay or is this something we can expect when getting our RV'S repaired.
twodogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #2

With proper paper work customs takes one day. Your dealer was probably waiting to combine into one large parts order or shipped the parts in a new RV. Also common practice.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #3

Dealers suck, period.
If it had happened when you were camping, you operate the slides manually. And you could have done that while you were waiting for parts as well.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #4

FYI: In our sailboat, while cruising Mexico's Pacific Coast near Huatualco, MX, I ordered a part from the USA. The part arrived short of a week. Even tho' we had a temporary import permit, it went thru customs several times, and upon arrival we needed to pay the ransom which wasn't supposed to be charged. Oh well.
In Canada, we ordered several parts, several times, which came in 3 days, expressed shipped. No customs fees.
It seems this dealer stuck you.
Sorry,
Mike
traveler2955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel