Old 08-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #1

8281 1st trip out

Hi all, New to forum and was looking for others that have 2008 8281 Fw. Perhaps someone that had better luck dealing with Forest River. We bought our new trailer about a month ago. Third day into our first trip the converter smoked itself. Just my luck the AC needs 12v for control circuit. We got about two nights off coach battery but could not use nothing else. I am handy but was afraid to tamper with anything as to not void warrenty. My 3 year old daughter got stabbed in the bottom of he foot from a row of carpet staples that runs down the center of the trailer. Other problems include: main entry door inner panel delaminating, concertcrap is all static, and also on the driver side front exterior the molding that caps the fiberglass totally seperates when on level ground. Anyway we called forest river and got blown off. The trailer has been at the dealer for three weeks and they are still waiting on new door. I made our first payment already and getting more upset by the minute.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Head Rambler

I understand your frustration but in the end you have a good unit. Hopefully the staples and the converter have been fixed. The molding shouldn't be too big a deal unless there's something going on that we're not aware of. You'll find out that it takes a long time to get parts from mfg's not just FR. There may be more going on than you're being told too. A lot of times the dealer or the mfg will try and save on shipping by waiting for a large order to set things in motion. One of the dealers I used to deal with did that and tried to blame it on the mfg. Anyway I digress.

Bear with it and the issues you have will be fixed and the pain and frustration will subside. If everything is fixed but the door I'd tell the dealer that I wanted to use the unit and that when the door came in I'd bring it back to them for replacement.

You'll notice I didn't mention the Concertone. Enough said.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

Bummer.

Sorry to hear about all that greif...our Rockwood 8280SS has been just about flawless. Hopefully all will work out and you can get on with camping!

And welcome to the forum.
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #4

We are leaving for a short trip tomorrow in our new Rockwood 8233SS. Fingers crossed that all will work well. We have it set up in the driveway, for about 4 weeks now, and have spent a lot of time in it. Hopefully we have detected most of the bugs!

gammiesquiltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammiesquiltes View Post
We are leaving for a short trip tomorrow in our new Rockwood 8233SS. Fingers crossed that all will work well. We have it set up in the driveway, for about 4 weeks now, and have spent a lot of time in it. Hopefully we have detected most of the bugs!
Sounds like you covered everything at home. Now just be sure you secure everything before you leave. By the way to FRF and congrats on the new Rockwood. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend, free from any unpleasant surprizes. Have a great time and be safe.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #6

I just took delivery on our new '07 8281 last weekend. Had it home for about 4 hours and realized the slide-out is out of alignment and did not get a few misc. things included that the salesman said we were going to have. I'm taking it in today for the slide-out adjustment and hopefully we will not have as many issues as you Familyman. Good luck with the repairs.

First trip for us will be Memorial weekend so hopefully I can work out most of our bugs prior to then.

E.S.P.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS
'07 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Glide
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #7

Good luck on your 1st trip E.S.P. We just got back from Disney, about a 2200 mile trip and all went well. Our trailer still has some issues and is back at the dealer. Does anyone else have problems with the nose seperating from side panels? Last time we had it in they just calked the joint. Bummer that it keeps opening up. Also anyone redo their furnace duct work? I think im going to take this on myself. Happy camping 2009
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #8

Tags
rockwood