Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #1

8282WS table placement

We love our 8282WS and the movable table gives us a lot of options. The question I have is where do you store the table for travel. I place ours up against the back sofa and use the straps & hooks in the floor. I have had a problem with the wheels on the table catching on the carpet of the divers side slide when I move the side out. Any one else have a problem with this and what have you done?
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150k View Post
We love our 8282WS and the movable table gives us a lot of options. The question I have is where do you store the table for travel. I place ours up against the back sofa and use the straps & hooks in the floor. I have had a problem with the wheels on the table catching on the carpet of the divers side slide when I move the side out. Any one else have a problem with this and what have you done?
Need to be real careful when you bring in the slides and to make sure those wheels are not on the slide carpet. When you slide the room out the weight of the table will tear the seam off the carpet. I try to be real careful that the table is not sitting on either slide carpet when I place it for travel. I also make sure its not sitting on that carpet before I slide the rooms out. The table is great and offers lots of options but its very very heavy.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #3

We have a new 2014 832ISBS, and the table is screwed solid into the floor. The four chairs are free to move about, of course, but surprisingly, they don't budge during towing, even on crummy roads (and we have several miles of rutted gravel before we hit a back-county, hard-surface road). There are tie down straps to secure the chairs to the table's pedestal, but dealer didn't recommend doing so, and darn if they weren't right. The slide clearance is close on the two Lazy-boy recliners, but they don't seem to budge either.

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Yes. I am about to have my driver side hem resewn for the second time. Be as careful as you want but when others open your slide (service techs) you can't be there to supervise. I am about to experiment with pads hanging below the pantry and straps holding it against the pads.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote