Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #21

I 'flush/fill' mine as well after initial flush. DW watches the level reading until 3/4 or so. We timed it last time out...three minutes +. FWIW. 2015 MicroLite 25KS. Geo method.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #22

[QUOTE=EXGMTech;997846]I have an outside shower hose in the same bay as the flush...simply installed quick connects to both & use the outside shower hose to flush.[/QUOTE

Not without adding a backflow preventer.
Fivealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #23
Toy-aholic

[QUOTE=Fivealive;999214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
I have an outside shower hose in the same bay as the flush...simply installed quick connects to both & use the outside shower hose to flush.[/QUOTE

Not without adding a backflow preventer.
there is one from the factory, & it broke (plastic) so I replaced it with a brass one.....there's a thread on this elsewhere here
Old 10-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #24

My method is not too original but I've run the rinse 5 or 6 minutes with the dump valve closed and with my wife watching with the toilet valve open. Every time the tank empties, "stuff" comes out. I use a clear elbow. My unfortunate experience came when I wasn't dumping the tank but was using a "Y" connector to wash the trailer. I was on the far side and heard water running. As I looked under, water was coming from the belly vent. The excess water had overflowed the toilet. You can imagine how I spent the rest of that day!
robertew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank