Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
dtomstant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 26
Rockwood checking with internal departments about a fix or ?
They are pretty glib about the issue (never allowed that they would take care of it) and have me and the dealer on hold until at least the end of the week... More as this unfolds.
Seems like a cut and dried warranty fix after May2014 delivery and 3 trips worth about 500 mi total.
2001 F250 CC SB 4WD 7.3PSD/2014 8289WS
__________________

__________________
dtomstant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Posts: 40
It's on a list along with eight other items from our maiden voyage. They haven't actually looked into it at the dealer yet. They're telling me it will be 3-4 weeks before they even get to my trailer.
__________________

__________________
TheBennetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Posts: 40
After discussing with Forest River, dealer says there is a kit that FR will provide to solve the problem. His contact is Gregg Rollins.
__________________
TheBennetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennetts View Post
After discussing with Forest River, dealer says there is a kit that FR will provide to solve the problem. His contact is Gregg Rollins.
So FR knows of the problems and not installing the kit at production? That problem seems to be on the newest units, something was changed in Production from 2012 to 2015.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Haven mi.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBennetts View Post
After discussing with Forest River, dealer says there is a kit that FR will provide to solve the problem. His contact is Gregg Rollins.
Do you have a contact number?
__________________
albuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Posts: 40
No number given. I was asked to leave the dealership because I was irate over 3-4 week wait to even look at nine (9) failures from my maiden voyage with my brand new camper and when they wouldn't return phone calls. FR will probably be able to provide.
__________________
TheBennetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #27
Member
 
LouNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dundalk MD
Posts: 63
I just looked at mine and it looks like one large dent on mine. Pushing on it a bit confirms that there is nothing behind the nose cap to support it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405299062.582910.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	540.6 KB
ID:	58118Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405299078.520721.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	886.5 KB
ID:	58119
__________________
Lou & Paula
2014 Rockwood 8289WS Ultra Lite w/Reese Revloution Pinbox.
2011 F250 Power Stroke Super Duty King Ranch Super Crew w/Reese 16k Fixed Hitch
LouNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Haven mi.
Posts: 62
This is what I herd from Roger at Forest River. We shall see.

I wanted to let you know that I havenít forgotten about the problem with your trailer. We have a fix planned and are working on making a repair video with instructions on how to do the repair. When I have that video I will let you know.
__________________
albuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by albuilder View Post
This is what I herd from Roger at Forest River. We shall see.

I wanted to let you know that I haven’t forgotten about the problem with your trailer. We have a fix planned and are working on making a repair video with instructions on how to do the repair. When I have that video I will let you know.
Your unit is new correct? I don't understand why they would say that. They have admitted that there is a problem, and it now has a fix. Yet they are going to send you a video on how to repair it? They should be having a recall on all the units. No person will be able to make a repair like that by them selves IMO. They have had to make a change in production for what ever reason. How could they say that? I would love to see this video. Reading through this whole thread it seems to be units only built in the last few years. This should never have happened and they should be bringing in all the units and making this repair free not sending a video for the owner to repair a problem they caused....Good luck and please post the video when you get it.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grand Haven mi.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Your unit is new correct? I don't understand why they would say that. They have admitted that there is a problem, and it now has a fix. Yet they are going to send you a video on how to repair it? They should be having a recall on all the units. No person will be able to make a repair like that by them selves IMO. They have had to make a change in production for what ever reason. How could they say that? I would love to see this video. Reading through this whole thread it seems to be units only built in the last few years. This should never have happened and they should be bringing in all the units and making this repair free not sending a video for the owner to repair a problem they caused....Good luck and please post the video when you get it.

Yes I agree with you on that. But I hope there making the video for the dealers to do the repair. Not the owners.
__________________

__________________
albuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.