Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #1

8289 heading to Millersburg

Finally heading to Millersburg tomorrow afternoon for the warrantly work on my 5er. I had a pretty good list of work to do but they seem confident that it will be accomplished in five days. I am interested to see how they deal with the sag in my floor. They also have to deal with a slide adjustement issue on the road side slide and replace the large window in the back of the 5er as well as the emergency exit on the road side. I installed the lift kit they sent and it seems ok. They will have to check the axles to determine if they need replacement.

I will post when I return.

I have attached three pics of the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floor sag 2.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	40315   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st Mark on floor from street side slide.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	40316   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd Mark on floor from street side slide.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	40317  
Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #2

WOW! That is a long list. We don't seem to have any serious issues with our 2013 8289 and I sure hope it stays that way.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #3

This has already made one trip back last November. We are going to take it this time. It has been a P.I.T.A but I have to say the people at Rockwood are pretty decent to work with.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #4

Had mine to the factory a number of times for major and minor repairs. Each time they have performed professionally and quickly, and have fixed things we did not ask for.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #5

Just returned from the factory road trip and all I can say is wow. The people at Rockwood/Flagstaff were awsome to work with. They did the job quickly and with total satisfaction. They had to lift the box to replace the entire lower level floor. Everything was done very well with no noticeable problems. I am very happy with the work and the overall customer service provided by Rockwood/Flagstaff. From
Shiela at the warranty department to Floyd and his staff and the repair facility. They were all very nice and extremly helpful and considerate.