Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #1

Angry 8289 Radio--

anybody else have terrible radio reception ( I mean like no channels?) done all I know how to do,,,,put a booster on it, got a different antennae , tried disconnecting one the the Tv leads and used a co-ax to motorola adapter ,,still nada,,,, is now at the dealer I suspect a bad radio,,,,any comment s?
Old 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Owner/Operator

Which radio is in the 2014?

I did the mod to use the roof mounted batwing for the FM reception, and it works great.

Sounds like a bad unit.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

they are using the GENESIS looks just like the older Concertone,,,,I too think it's a bad radio,,,,we'll see how it bench tests out at the dealership,,,, I though my problems were over when I got the adapter from the batwing co-a to the moto,,,no go,,,,it's a crummy little antenna that's on there anyhow,,
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
WFD

RodeoGeorge...saw your mod for the subwoofer. Do all 8289's come with a sub? We have an 8289 on order but missed that somehow..never saw that in the specs or options.

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
RodeoGeorge...saw your mod for the subwoofer. Do all 8289's come with a sub? We have an 8289 on order but missed that somehow..never saw that in the specs or options.

Rick
As far as I know, the sub-woofer is part of the Genesis package. Four surround sound speakers in the ceiling also.

RodeoGeorge
Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
As far as I know, the sub-woofer is part of the Genesis package. Four surround sound speakers in the ceiling also.

RodeoGeorge
You see george my unit is 2012, and I have 5 speakers in the ceiling. I also have a firer place corner unit entertainment center. Could the 5th in the center of the ceiling be the woofer I'm looking for? If the woofer is in the firer place area it would be awful small. I put my ear up to the wood and hear nothing coming out.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
Owner/Operator

Wish I could be of more help regarding units with fireplaces. Just don't know, but I doubt that the sub-woofer is in the ceiling. That should be the center speaker of the surround system.

We need someone with the fireplace to chime in with some info.

RodeoGeorge
Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You see george my unit is 2012, and I have 5 speakers in the ceiling. I also have a firer place corner unit entertainment center. Could the 5th in the center of the ceiling be the woofer I'm looking for? If the woofer is in the firer place area it would be awful small. I put my ear up to the wood and hear nothing coming out.....
I have a Flagstaff with the fireplace, Genesis 3.0 and the tv on a lift. With the tv up, I shined a flashlight down into the cavity behind the fireplace and it looks like the subwoofer is mounted between the fireplace and wall ( in our case the refrigerator).
Hijinks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio