Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Rockwood 8289WS Diamond

Talking 8289WS Diamond Package On Order

Been waiting a lot of years to be able to have my first camper. Can't wait to get started!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Always Learning

Welcome and congrats!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior Moment

Congrats and welcome. We just ordered the same model in January, hoping it will be ready by first of March.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
Been waiting a lot of years to be able to have my first camper. Can't wait to get started!
I have the same unit but not the diamond package. We just love our unit and welcome to the 8289WS family..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Owner/Operator

We also ordered the 8289WS with Diamond Package the second week of January.

Checked last week with FR and was told that ours goes on to the production line the 1st of March.

Stacking up the goodies (Central Vac, LED Awning Lights, etc.) while we wait.

Congratulations!!!!!

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
We also ordered the 8289WS with Diamond Package the second week of January.

Checked last week with FR and was told that ours goes on to the production line the 1st of March.

Stacking up the goodies (Central Vac, LED Awning Lights, etc.) while we wait.

Congratulations!!!!!

RodeoGeorge
Just curious, did you just call the factory direct. When I ask my dealer he just says I will get an email just before it goes into production.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Just curious, did you just call the factory direct. When I ask my dealer he just says I will get an email just before it goes into production.
I went through my dealer. Based on a comment about there not being a heat register in the bathroom, I had the dealer call the factory to confirm this, and also inquire if a register could be put in the bathroom. I also asked the dealer to attempt to find out the build date.

The next day the dealer called me back, after talking to the factory, and told me the RV would go on the production line on 1 March.

The factory also told the dealer that there was no heat register in the bathroom, but there is one in the bedroom just outside the bathroom door, that the door has a 2-1/2 gap at the bottom to permit heat to go into the bathroom, and that it was designed that way. The factory also told the dealer that they could move that register into the bathroom if I desired. Since the register is right outside the door, and that door is normally open (at least in our usage) I did not request that they move it.

I do not have a phone number for the factory, and that is probably by design, since they would spend more time on the phone than manufacturing RVs. LOL

RodeoGeorge
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Senior Moment

Quote:
I went through my dealer. Based on a comment about there not being a heat register in the bathroom, I had the dealer call the factory to confirm this, and also inquire if a register could be put in the bathroom. I also asked the dealer to attempt to find out the build date.

The next day the dealer called me back, after talking to the factory, and told me the RV would go on the production line on 1 March.

The factory also told the dealer that there was no heat register in the bathroom, but there is one in the bedroom just outside the bathroom door, that the door has a 2-1/2 gap at the bottom to permit heat to go into the bathroom, and that it was designed that way. The factory also told the dealer that they could move that register into the bathroom if I desired. Since the register is right outside the door, and that door is normally open (at least in our usage) I did not request that they move it.

I do not have a phone number for the factory, and that is probably by design, since they would spend more time on the phone than manufacturing RVs. LOL

RodeoGeorge

That makes sense on the factory phone number, I couldnt find one anywhere.

I never noticed the lack of heat register in the bath, I did notice the a/c vent which for me in Texas works out.. We dont camp in cold weather, the Wife prefers Beaches and warm weather.

Not sure how the factory works, but might set up production for the 8289ws model that week for all orders. If so I might make my target date. My daughter is out of school the week of the 10th for spring break and hoping to travel to Ohio for pick up that week.

Let us know how the Central Vac install goes, would like to add one later also.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum and congrats on ordering your 8289WS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #10

Quote:

RodeoGeorge
Let me say this, I have the same gap, also we do not close the bedroom door, their is a register in the floor as you walk up the steps to the bedroom, either one is enough to heat that bathroom. It is plain COLD in there, and I really do not like a whole lot of heat. We have to put a space heater outside the door blowing in when we take a shower. Also you will have a skylight above the shower which also creates alot of heat during the summer but that is bearable, no pund intended. I have lived with this for a year do not trust the salesman or the factory. I would not steer you wrong..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Let me say this, I have the same gap, also we do not close the bedroom door, their is a register in the floor as you walk up the steps to the bedroom, either one is enough to heat that bathroom. It is plain COLD in there, and I really do not like a whole lot of heat. We have to put a space heater outside the door blowing in when we take a shower. Also you will have a skylight above the shower which also creates alot of heat during the summer but that is bearable, no pund intended. I have lived with this for a year do not trust the salesman or the factory. I would not steer you wrong..
We also normally use a small electric heater in the bathroom when required. Since I spend more time in the bedroom than the bathroom, I'll settle for the register in the bedroom. LOL

Most of our usage will also be in the summer months, and that also mitigates the need for the register in the bathroom.

Thanks for the input.

RodeoGeorge
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #12

Welcome! We just got our 8311ss diamond package unit, around Christmas and we love it.
Tjburke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockport View Post
Not sure how the factory works, but might set up production for the 8289ws model that week for all orders. If so I might make my target date. My daughter is out of school the week of the 10th for spring break and hoping to travel to Ohio for pick up that week.
We toured the plant in Millersberg where the Rockood/Flagstaff 5W's are built. They were producing V nose campers at the time...don't remember if they were Rockwood or Flagstaff. We were told by our tour guide (Rockwood NW District Sales Mgr) that Rockwood Ultralite TT, Signature Ultralite TT (and their Flagstaff equivalents) were also produced on the same line.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #14

We had the factory make a change in ours. Asked them to remove the shirt wardrobe and add another nightstand instead. The were more than happy to do it.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #15
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjsas View Post
We had the factory make a change in ours. Asked them to remove the shirt wardrobe and add another nightstand instead. The were more than happy to do it.
Man I wish I would have known they could do that. That's one of the few things I would change.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
Owner/Operator

We will most likely install shelves in that shirt closet, as we need more of that type of storage than hanging clothes.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html

Tags
8289ws