Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Owner/Operator

8289WS - DW has a homemaker question

After taking a "first look" at our RV yesterday, the wife is wondering where other people keep their cleaning supplied like Dishsoap, etc.

Normally she keeps those type things under the sink, but in the 8289 there are only two small compartments that are not easily accessable under the sink near the floor, and actually under the curved sink vanity.

It seems like there is some "lost" space in that sink cabinet, but obviously haven't looked to see if any space is salvagable.

So her question is, where does the Dawn, Rubber Gloves, Dish Drainer, etc. go?

RodeoGeorge

Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #2

Hello My TT had limited storage under sink / stove area but, thankfully, does have a pantry. I usually keep my dish detergent and handwashing soap out so when we travel, I simply closed them and lay them in the sink til we get where we are going. Somewhere this weekend, I saw a clear plastic basket that goes on the saddle of your kitchen sink which would hold those items nicely. (Probably Harriet Carter website.....)

Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #3

Like Clancy, we put soap in the sink, or basin, during travel. It gets set on the counter during stays.
Laurel does not use a dish drainer. Can that be eliminated?
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #4

A recycled patient wash basin from the hospital where I work fits perfectly into my sink. I put all dish washing stuff into it when traveling. The cutting board that fits the sink still fits even with the washbasin in the sink. It works as a double sink half for the wash water when doing dishes. The rv sink is for rinsing and I use a towel for the draining board.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #5

I have a small plastic basket, where I put these items and I have a very strange dish drainer. Then when we travel I close the bottles, put them in the basket, then in the small sink side, and put the weird dish drainer in the larger sink; put the cover on the sink and head out. That way I'm (as my DH says) "operational" immediately when we unhitch.

Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #6

Good morning RodeoGeorge, congrats on the new rig. Hope you are happy with the unit so far. My DW uses the space under the sink for stuff like crock pot, bottled water extra pop. The kind of stuff you don't need several times a day. She puts her dich soap and that kind of stuff in the cabinet to the right of the stove. I am still in the hunt and search mode when I need something. We had the old rv for 10 years, I had found all her hiding spots in that one.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
Good morning RodeoGeorge, congrats on the new rig. Hope you are happy with the unit so far. My DW uses the space under the sink for stuff like crock pot, bottled water extra pop. The kind of stuff you don't need several times a day. She puts her dich soap and that kind of stuff in the cabinet to the right of the stove. I am still in the hunt and search mode when I need something. We had the old rv for 10 years, I had found all her hiding spots in that one.
Thanks Tim. It is logical that things that are not used repeatedly on a daily basis be relegated to the storage under the sink. That of course causes me (a member of the weight police) to ask the wife why we are carrying it around. LOL But got to have our microwave crock pot for roasts.

I took a quick look at one of the pictures I have of the kitchen, and that drawer to the right of the stove seems like a logical and handy place, and it seems to be deep enough for most of the paraphernalia needed handy at the kitchen sink.

Leaving things out on the sink counter is not our preference, probably with the exception of a small hand soap dispenser. Things like dishwashing liquid, rubber gloves, etc. need to be handy, yet not "knock overable" (New Funk & Wagnel word).

Thanks again.

RodeoGeorge & CowgirlCarolyn
Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #8

This would work.... http://www.organizeit.com If not big enough, I'm betting they have other choices....
Old 03-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #9

Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #10

I like the idea of an over-the-door organizer for inside the cabinet.........as long as the cabinet doors will stay closed will travelling.