Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
The tires are already in the budget. Going to E rated. Not sure which brand, but many forum members are running maxxis, so might go that route. Will not need to go to the max pressure for the E rating, but I'm hoping that the rims are rated for at least 65 psi. And the TST TPMS is sitting on the workbench.

RodeoGeorge
We have a similar camper, and the rims are good for 65 psi.
We changed over to D-rated Maxxis.
Because the camper isn't all that heavy, I only put 57-58 psi in the tires, and they run up to 65 psi on the hottest days.
I could run 65 psi cold, but checked the weight tables, and it wasn't necessary.
Sure feel a lot better about changing out the factory C-rated tires, as they were maxed out, as another poster pointed out.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #12

Quote:
The tires are already in the budget. Going to E rated. Not sure which brand, but many forum members are running maxxis, so might go that route. Will not need to go to the max pressure for the E rating, but I'm hoping that the rims are rated for at least 65 psi. And the TST TPMS is sitting on the workbench.

Second battery, and window awnings also in the budget, as well as a central vacuum system.

RodeoGeorge
I went with Marathon (Good Year) My cold pressure rating is 65lbs. They fit on the same rim that came with the unit.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I went with Marathon (Good Year) My cold pressure rating is 65lbs. They fit on the same rim that came with the unit.....
I hear that the Marathons are being made in the US again?
That would be good.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I hear that the Marathons are being made in the US again?
That would be good.
You have heard wrong, The ST are made in China. They do come with DOT stamp. About 6mos. Good Year moved it all, from what I was told by the sales manager of 32 black stores in NC . The Good Year store that I bought them at in Lumberton NC told me they were made in Fayetteville NC. WRONG I was not a happy camper. They told me they did not know and if I wanted to try and find a ST tire made in America that they would give me my full purchased price back, they said they didn't even know that. They checked for me because that is what I thought and requested an american made tire......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Owner/Operator

Can anyone with a 8289WS please tell me the measurements of the Front Storage where the battery is located?

Depth and available width at the bottom (where it is narrowest), and also the height from the floor to the connecting rod for the Landing Gear.

And while you're at it (LOL) also the height of the door opening.

Appreciate it. Obviously in the planning stage. RV goes on the production line on 1 March.

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #16
Owner/Operator

The RV left the FR Factory today. I would imagine that by next Wednesday, I'll be doing a PDI (and probably Thursday as well).

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #17

Quote:
The RV left the FR Factory today. I would imagine that by next Wednesday, I'll be doing a PDI (and probably Thursday as well).

RodeoGeorge
Welcome to the family, I think it is really a great unit, take your time when you walk it. I would still change out the tires to either Maxis or Marathon and "D" rated. They give you a "C" rated that I have never heard of and trust me they are GARBAGE and just meet the weight requirement which they have to do. Saying that I did get 9000 miles on them before I had trouble the first year, but I travel a lot. But I was always worried and and shot temps eveytime we stopped and checked pressures...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #18

I have to thank everyone who posts on this site. I have been researching 5th wheels for the last few years. I decided what I needed/wanted, and decided on the 8289WS. After lurking on this site (and others) I decided to upgrade tires, get slide toppers, etc etc. You folks have REALLY been helpful to me, in making my decisions. I am now a proud owner of a 8289WS, and looking forward to good times! Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I have to thank everyone who posts on this site. I have been researching 5th wheels for the last few years. I decided what I needed/wanted, and decided on the 8289WS. After lurking on this site (and others) I decided to upgrade tires, get slide toppers, etc etc. You folks have REALLY been helpful to me, in making my decisions. I am now a proud owner of a 8289WS, and looking forward to good times! Thanks
Congratulations Hans.

I'll be following in your footsteps in a few days, IF the snow cooperated with the delivery person.

RodeoGeorge
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
Owner/Operator

Got a call this morning that the RV is at the dealer. Going to take a "first look" this afternoon at 1:30, and will post comments later today.

Need I say, a bit excited. The salesman said that he was overwhelmed when he saw it with the options that we selected.

RodeoGeorge