Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,087
OC got me. I like his new ride, going to start saving my pennies for one of those.
__________________

__________________
Joe & Beverly
2014 Ram CTD, CC, SB
2014 8289WS lifted
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #32
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Oc's new custom ordered pete. TURBS
As usual, FT Turbs is speaking with Forked Tongue. Here is what we ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14038_lg.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	61047  
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
As usual, FT Turbs is speaking with Forked Tongue. Here is what we ordered.
That should pull your rig but are you sure that will be enough truck when you are fully loaded to the max.
__________________
Joe & Beverly
2014 Ram CTD, CC, SB
2014 8289WS lifted
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #34
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
That should pull your rig but are you sure that will be enough truck when you are fully loaded to the max.
I'm sure the weight police will probably nix it with the 5er having an advertised 1075# pin wt. Actual pin wt, who knows and only ependydad wants to know.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
OK we DID go to the weight police at Goshen. We are waiting for the full report (should be in the mail next week...why they do not email is beyond me!)

Truck: Axels F+R 5,985 GVW 6,650
Truck+Trailer: Axels F+R 7,825 GVW 8,375
Pin Weight: 1,725 (18% well under the 19-25%)

We have a front-rear weight distribution deficit of 300 lbs that has been fixed by raising the Kingpin hitch one level.

Also we were loaded to the gills - brought WAY more stuff than we would have brought on a normal 2 week camp out.

So, After adjustment, all is well. Nothing More

Edit: We MAY go to Class D tires and add Air Bags just "Because"
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I'm sure the weight police will probably nix it with the 5er having an advertised 1075# pin wt. Actual pin wt, who knows and only ependydad wants to know.
Who really cares what the pin weight is? As long as it doesn't break! lol:rollback:

Has anyone actually measured the Pin Weight with a scale?
__________________
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I could always add some water to the fresh water tank to leverage some pin if I needed it I suppose. I seriously doubt we will be heavy packers. I do know that most people leave all sorts of items in the 5th wheel that never comes out. (dishes pots and pans etc.) Me myself I would probably have two batteries in front and also look into getting the solar panel for charging them during the day. We don't plant on doing much if any dry camping...but I would also need to look into getting a generator (Honda 2000) and could load that behind the rear 5th wheel axle for more leverage.

Are the tires that come on the 8289WS crap?...or are they radials?
__________________
2013 F150 Platinum EGOboost, 3.73 max tow
PrinceValium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone! I could always add some water to the fresh water tank to leverage some pin if I needed it I suppose. I seriously doubt we will be heavy packers. I do know that most people leave all sorts of items in the 5th wheel that never comes out. (dishes pots and pans etc.) Me myself I would probably have two batteries in front and also look into getting the solar panel for charging them during the day. We don't plant on doing much if any dry camping...but I would also need to look into getting a generator (Honda 2000) and could load that behind the rear 5th wheel axle for more leverage.

Are the tires that come on the 8289WS crap?...or are they radials?
You are going to get Trail Express, they are crap as you stated. 100 storys on this site about them. They are 4 ply Radials with nitrogen, the supplier is Lionshead. Some have had luck getting something from them but when my tire blew they wanted me to send it back to them first. GET RID OF THEM ASAP. I got 6000 miles on mine before the blow out lucky no damage caught it in time. They can really ruin your day IMO......
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
<SNIP>
Are the tires that come on the 8289WS crap?...or are they radials?
Actually, they are Crap Radials

Almost all of the tires on our units are made in China (the nickname we have for them is "China Bombs" - that should alert you that there might be a issue with them )

That being said, we have 3,350 personal miles on ours Add in the 800 or so delivery miles and we are just over 4,000. We religiously keep the tire pressure at 50PSI (rated), inspect the sidewalls (outboard AND inbord) for cracks, never drive over 65MPH, and use a Tire Pressure/Temperature monitor. So far, no problems.

THAT being said, we will be replacing the stock tires with either Goodyear or Maxxis in the near future (once I decide if going to a class D tire wil bnefit us)
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Actually, they are Crap Radials

Almost all of the tires on our units are made in China (the nickname we have for them is "China Bombs" - that should alert you that there might be a issue with them )

That being said, we have 3,350 personal miles on ours Add in the 800 or so delivery miles and we are just over 4,000. We religiously keep the tire pressure at 50PSI (rated), inspect the sidewalls (outboard AND inbord) for cracks, never drive over 65MPH, and use a Tire Pressure/Temperature monitor. So far, no problems.

THAT being said, we will be replacing the stock tires with either Goodyear or Maxxis in the near future (once I decide if going to a class D tire wil bnefit us)
I'm highjacking for a minute. Congratulations I see you are now of member of the stunt team.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.