Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
In my 8289ws, both my bedroom TV and Living area TV simply lift straight off their mounts (no latches). The living area TV is incredibly difficult to get off (Tip...lift STRAIGHT up!) the first time but gets a tiny bit easier...I ground down my brackets a little to make it a little easier yet. It is still plenty tight to keep itself put during travel.

I converted from the Genesis 3.0 stereo to a nice home receiver and HD Media Player. The factory TV in my 8289ws (Toshiba) still has a quite disappointing picture even with HD input...but it is an improvement nonetheless.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #22

I have the 2013 8289 Platinum Package with a bedroom TV. The outside mount is in the right storage compartment, attached at the top right (forward) side.
@Carol1127--Rodeo George has done several remods to his 8289. Check out his posts, (they are very good), and come with instructions and photos
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol1127 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and have just purchased a 8289WS fifth wheel which we absolutely love. However, still having problems and taking back to dealer to fix current problems……..slides do not work, refrigerator does not have power coming to it, not getting any good radio, have not been able to get Dish connected, one of the roll out windows not working……living area tv switches to spanish while watching sports………maybe some of you experts can give me some advice………can tv in bedroom be taken off and used in outside basement connection? If so, can anyone send pictures on how to release……….is there a way to get to the back of the living area tv to hook up HD connection? Any other tips would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Carol
If they have not changed the mount in the newer years your bracket is a piece of Alum. It is just screwed to the wall. How you remove it you grab the tv and pick straight up. There are 4 round neoprene plugs that fit the bracket. You can not hook up anything to the back such as HDMI plug. The manual will tell you that you need 4" clearance from the back so it will not over heat. I burnt one up already then they changed the bracket and put a new TV in. The old bracket looked like an "H" screwed to the wall. I think I still have the old bracket somewhere it's about 1/4" thick, I could take a picture if needed. There is no reason why you can't use the bedroom TV in the basement connection. Mine did not come with an outside mount. My TV is a Toshiba 32" main room. I also did not get the bedroom TV extra. Just the prep.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, television