Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #1

8299bs Tomorrow!

Finally! Ordered her right after the 1st of the year. We were told we would receive it before the first of March. Apparently FR has been pretty busy. Not complaining too much as it has been too cold anyway. I thought it was interesting that I thought we were getting a 2016 but the cert. of origin lists it as a 2017. I am curious to see if there are any differences between what we looked at and ordered and the end result. 🤗
KathyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:07 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Forest River is like a box of chocolates, never know what you are going to get
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:53 PM   #3

Congratulations! I'm hoping our 2109s doesn't take that long. when I ordered from RVW they said 7 weeks but to verify, I called the factory and asked what their current lead time was. The factory said 6-10 weeks , but that they were currently closer to 6. Fingers crossed!

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #4

We got her home. It's early but we are very happy so far with our choice. Did not realize the refrigerator temperature actually could be set, that was a pleasant surprise. The water filter and hot water heater is assessable in the garage. No more pulling drawers out to reach them. I'm sure once we get our things in there and camp a few times we will find more things we like and other things not so much. Here's to more likes than dislikes. The wait was worth it.
KathyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:51 PM   #5
Riverss

Congratulations I think you made a wonderful choice because we also chose the floor plan of the 8299BS we took delivery in February and have been very busy getting this rig ready to travel. First we found there were two items missing when we got home and doing our decentralizing process. The tool to remove the water filter was not there and the LPG hose to connect the BBQ grill is nowhere to he found. I found the water filter location( behind the panel on the street side of the cargo bay). I did the bleach thing and did not remove the filter so looks as though it will be replaced when I get a wrench. I installed bug screens on ALL openings using rodent wire from Lowe's. Next the TPMS and setting the tire pressures to 65 PSI per the info on the tires and calibrating the monster. My next endeavor will be to install the PI-HW50C. This is going to be a chore. I did purchase a 6ft length of 50 amp 6-2 8-2 kitchen stove wire for the job . It is a lot more flexible than the other stuff. I just cut the plug off and will use it elsewhere someday. Weather is warming up and the fish are biting tome to go.
Basenji back seat copilot named Lilly
riverss is offline   Reply With Quote