Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #1

8313ss Ladder

We have an "early" model 2009 Rockwood 8313SS. We ordered it in April 08 and thought we were getting an '08 model but to our surprise when it arrived in May, it was an '09. (Yeah for us!) So I guess it is an early model '09.

But back to the question???

We wanted an outside ladder to the roof but it was not an upgrade option. We then wanted to add one as an aftermarket but were led to believe that that was not possible due to lack of structural support. Now as I was Googling around, I found that 2009 models come with outside ladders. My guess, is that they upgraded the structural support.?. Does anyone know if the 2009 or 2010 models 8313SS is available with an outside ladder from the dealer or as an aftermarket? Or do you personally have one on their 8313SS? And if so, did you get it factory intalled, dealer installed or aftermarket?
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm sure an actual owner will let you know if they have one, but your best bet is to call Forest River and find out if your particular unit has blocking to support the ladder. You can check out post #3 of this thread for some contact numbers. Forest River Contacts
Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #3

Just an update...I spoke w/ our dealer and he said...

The later model 2009's came with an outside ladder as an upgrade if it is ordered with it. The factory will put the additional supports as needed. And we are unable to get the ladder now as an upgrade because the supports are not there.

Also the later model 2009's came with a 32 inch TV instead of the 20 inch that we got. And to boot the price fell about $4000 due to the lacking economy.

Oh well hindsight is always 20/20. I still love my camper! (But now my husband wants a 32 inch TV.)
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #4

My camper had a tv pocket for a 20", I made a mod and installed a 32" LCD and it worked out great.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Site Team

Well, bummer about the ladder but, I think I'd call Forest River directly for the last word. It's probably going ot be the same outcome but then you'd know it from the "horse's mouth".

Good luck with the 32" tv install too.

Tags
8313ss, rockwood