Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #1

8327ss

We will be ordering the 8327ss this winter. Problem is we've never actually seen one. The closest is in Chicago. We've toured a ton of campers so we are confident it is the right floor plan for us given our tundra towing capacity and 3 kids. The one sacrifice we are making is losing the outdoor kitchen. We hear you can get a slide out burner which is all we really need but we've only seen pics of something in a box. Plenty of pics of the tiny fridge. Who has one and what really are the outdoor kitchen options?
sharkbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #2

This is a very nice layout and i have been in one before over here in Jersey. My only concern is the weight on it. It has over a 1000lbs on the tongue before you pack any goodies in it. You had mentioned you had a tundra for a towing vehicle and also had 3 children. Be sure you don't go over your GVWR! Safety should always be priority. Did you ever look at the 8311SS model? I currently own one and have 3 children as well and absolutely love it. It only has a tongue weight of just shy of 700lbs and i tow it with a 05 F150. Remember, just because it states 1/2 ton towable on the brochure it dosn't mean its for all 1/2 tons. Just something you might recheck before a big purchase.

BTW, welcome to the forum and good luck on your decision.
bobmart5705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #3

We have combined tow rating of 16000. The truck with all of us comes in at 6180. If we max out the trailer weight we come in 300 lbs over but I don't think we'd ever pack that much. We are over a bit on tongue weight. Our rating is 960.

We looked at the 8311ss but can just imagine the fighting with the bunk configuration. We also looked at the 8312ss but we hate having the dinette and couch plus not having an actual 3rd bunk.
sharkbate is offline   Reply With Quote