Old 06-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
8329SS Air Condition Function

I have the 8329SS with two air conditioners and we were camping this weekend and the temperature in the middle of the day was about 90 degrees and the inside of the camper would only cool to around 79. We had little shade but not a lot. All windows were closed with night shades down. Does anyone know if this is normal?

BGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
I think the AC units struggle to cool down RV if the inside is hotter than outside to start. Once inside has been cooled AC does a better at keeping up. These AC units will only provide a 20 degree drop at best. If it's really hot and humid it might only drop 10 degrees.
We added these pillow like things from Camco to insulate the roof vents. We also use an oscillating fan these things seem to help. If we are running both AC's because it is so hot. We open vents that blow straight from the AC instead of using ducted vents. I found that we had cold air blowing outside from the front cap down by the tongue when using ducted vents. Dealer was no help in this matter.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
You hit it on the nose the key is to starting the Acs prior to the inside heating up.
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:44 AM   #4
Thanks I will try and start cooling the trailer down earlier in the morning.
BGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
This is what I do and it has worked so far. While in transit I leave the roof vents open. I have max air 2 covers on them. This pulls the hot air out of the trailer. When I get to my destination I turn on the AC and cover my skylights. Then setup the dehumidifier and close all shades. I then work on setting up the rest of camp. When I'm done the trailer is usually cooled off and comfortable. One thing that's very important is to use the quick cool air vents on your ac unit. 20 degrees is really quite good if your trailer is in direct sunlight.
Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #6
i do all this stuff

I did everything from the above posts. I have had 2 tt's prior to this 2 month old flagstaff and the ac would run u out it was so cold. not so with this one. it is not cool at all. do I need to buy an infrared thermometer to check the temps or should I go to dealer? I am so disappointed with all the troubles this 2017 flagstaff has given us. it is one thing after another. we love the appearance and the niceties, but will something work. the bedroom seems to get a little cooler but not much. several times I have turned the ac on at 8am and in 6-7 hrs there was little, if any, difference in temp. Any help? thanks

Drrayrn is offline   Reply With Quote