Old 06-05-2016, 04:39 AM   #1
8329ss Excessive heat under sink.

Has anyone noticed the excessive heat under the kitchen sink area. It appears to be coming from the hot water heater located in the same cabinet area. Has anyone tried to address this heat issue.

BGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 AM   #2
Mod free 5er
If it is bothering you, remove the panel a cut pcs of Styrofoam insulation and put on the top,sides and back and replace the panel.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:33 PM   #3
Some guy in back...
Hi- I have a 2016 8329ss and have to say I have not noticed any "extra heat" in this area. How warm does it actually get?
We keep our trash can on the left side and cleaning supplies on the right.
How have you noticed this? Are you sure it's not the furnace, which is in the same area? Does it happen on both gas and electric or both at the same time? Have you tried things with the WH off and just the furnace on?
How hot is the water coming from the WH? Does it seem "normal?"

We've camped 4 weekends, a 4 day trip and a 7 day trip so far since early March and as I said, have not noticed anything unusual.
SF Bay Area
'99 Ford E350 V10
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:07 AM   #4
Hot temp around Hot water area

We also keep our trash can in the same location so when we open the door we feel a good amount of heat in this area. Also, to the left side of this cabinet, on the outside, there is a vent that I guess that allows air to flow into the hot water heater area. We also feel some of the heat back flowing into the kitchen area from this vent.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #5
I have a 2014 lacrosse 327RES, and I'm at a loss trying to figure out the same problem. I have a horrendous heat load in my kitchen area also, but my water heater is in the rear of the camper which is almost 15 feet away. It also seems to be very humid in that area and when you look at others in the campground, I have Niagra Falls coming off of my roof compared to a trickles from everyone else.
Retired Army CW4 - "Waterborne"
2005 Chevy 2500 crew cab with Duramax/Allison
2014 Lacrosse 327RES

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #6
Yep. I'm not sure what to try next. I will be camping again in a couple of weeks and I will post something if I can find a resolution.