Old 02-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #21
Canadian Member

5picker, I agree there are lots of legitimate reasons to want to remove the factory filter housing and use a filter outside. I've considered that myself. There are lots of quality aftermarket filters. The website I linked to has lots of options for housings and filters, and will educate consumers. I use their F1Pb filter that costs $20.
RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #22

We plumbed around the indoor filter and now use a simple and cheap inline filter at the outside water tap. We then have a Brita filter picture inside for drinking water.

We have been pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #23
Christ follower

A little follow up. After going in to the dealer, I spoke with a Service Rep who stated that the Service Manager would look at the damage caused by the chairs not being secured when I bring the TT in for repairs to fix the issues I found during the PDI. Legal action is ALWAYS a last resort, after I've done everything I feel is reasonable without getting results. My experience with the dealer has been very pleasant to this point, and I hope it stays that way. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Ephesians 4:13
7.3Excursion4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #24

We did the same thing with the slide on the recliner. We always check that slide before opening it. As for the water filter. I also removed mine and use one on the outside I get at Wally World. We have the 2014 model.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #25

Well, I sure wish I had read this forum before we took our maiden trip in our 2016 8329SS. I was told at delivery that the straps would cause permanent marks on the chairs, so the straps laid on the floor. We experienced the same thing with the slider trim catching on the recliner at our destination. Fortunately, the trim did not break. Later I found that by placing the chairs facing each other the strap will go around a square wooden frame under the chairs. It secured them quite nicely and does not touch the nice leather.

The second night a storm brewed up while we slept. In the morning we could not see out of the windows. They were solidly impacted with condensation. So was every outside wall seam area and the vent lids dripped like rain inside. I used up two rolls of paper towels to wipe things up. I'm reading everything I can find now about condensation. This is our second Rockwood. We had a little 2605 Ultra lite and NEVER had a condensation problem.

I'm sure we'll find a solution but if you have had this happen in your new 8329SS I would love to here how you resolved it.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #26

About the only time a roof vent is not open at least a little is when the AC units are running or the camper is moving down the road. After our maiden voyage to check for warranty items I had 2 items added to our 5er; slide toppers and MaxxAir II Vent Cover, Black . Without those covers and at least 1 vent cracked condensation was a problem, but less than yours. Still, my pillow in the 5er felt damp until started using those covers.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #27

There is a very simple solution to solve the danger of damaging the wall on the sofa slide which from the factory in called slide 1 and the dining room is slide 2,,, Go to your dealer and have them switch to those two buttons and make the dining rm slide 1 and sofa slide 2. Now you can deploy dining rm slide 1 part of the way out,go back and make sure the chairs are out of the way before you deploy slide 2 the sofa, that's what we did after i had the same problem on our 8329ss 2014.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 Dodgeram 8329SS View Post
There is a very simple solution to solve the danger of damaging the wall on the sofa slide which from the factory in called slide 1 and the dining room is slide 2,,, Go to your dealer and have them switch to those two buttons and make the dining rm slide 1 and sofa slide 2. Now you can deploy dining rm slide 1 part of the way out,go back and make sure the chairs are out of the way before you deploy slide 2 the sofa, that's what we did after i had the same problem on our 8329ss 2014.
Well that seems silly. You can deploy any slide you want, at anytime.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2017: 20 nights
Miles traveled in 2017: 1,530
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #29

A simular incident happened last summer on the way out to SD. It seems that the sofa at the rear of our 38ck must have vibrated a little bit forward while on the road. Well, that caused the trim on the kitchen and fireplace slide to come off. We had called Henry Sears at the warranty dept. He made arrangements for the repair on the way out in Indiana. We got to the service facility where the repairs were made. It only took a couple of hours and then we were on our way. They even offered to give us water and electric hook-up in case we wanted to stay overnight and get a fresh start in the am. Awsome service and awsome warranty representation from Henry Sears of Cedar Creek!
Old 03-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #30
Some guy in back...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
Well, I sure wish I had read this forum before we took our maiden trip in our 2016 8329SS. I was told at delivery that the straps would cause permanent marks on the chairs, so the straps laid on the floor. We experienced the same thing with the slider trim catching on the recliner at our destination. Fortunately, the trim did not break. Later I found that by placing the chairs facing each other the strap will go around a square wooden frame under the chairs. It secured them quite nicely and does not touch the nice leather.

The second night a storm brewed up while we slept. In the morning we could not see out of the windows. They were solidly impacted with condensation. So was every outside wall seam area and the vent lids dripped like rain inside. I used up two rolls of paper towels to wipe things up. I'm reading everything I can find now about condensation. This is our second Rockwood. We had a little 2605 Ultra lite and NEVER had a condensation problem.

I'm sure we'll find a solution but if you have had this happen in your new 8329SS I would love to here how you resolved it.

Thanks!
Hi Michael & welcome to the forum!

WE took our new 8329SS out his past week-end and had similar conditions. The trick in any rig is to make sure a vent or two is cracked a bit at night.
Another thing is to always use the fan in the hood over the stove if you are doing any cooking that will generate significant water vapor or steam like boiling water for pasta or cooking down a heap of veggies.
Lastly, always use the fan in the bathroom to pull out any moisture from showers.
If you pay attention to these three things, condensation will be minimized. If you still run into issues, get more air moving out of your rig, taking the moisture with it.

Good Luck!