Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #1

8329SS Signature Utra Lite TT - Price Check and Info

DW and I have decided we really like the 8329SS TT, and have what seems like a pretty good price quote to order one for us.

2015 - Rockwood 8329SS Signature Ultra Lite TT
Platinum Package
Hickory Cabinets
Wood Look Floor
Power Tongue Jack
Raised Refer Fronts
15K Main AC
2nd AC with 50amp Service
Rear Ladder
Lazy Boy Leather Recliners
Extra Create a Breeze Fan in Kitchen

Total Price - $31,688

Please let me know your opinion on this quote, and also the options we've selected. Anything you like or dislike about this model is also appreciated.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #2
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

May I ask who gave you that quote? A local dealer or an on-line wholesaler?

2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #3
MMCM/SS

I don't know how far Lakeview, Ohio is from you, but no one can come close to beating their price. The dealer is RVW and you can go to their website and type in your trailer with everything you want on it, and they will give you a price. You may save thousands of dollars.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
May I ask who gave you that quote? A local dealer or an on-line wholesaler?
Local dealer, they are a bit of a drive for me but had the 8329SS that we wanted to see. Is it a good offer or not?
Old 07-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
DW and I have decided we really like the 8329SS TT, and have what seems like a pretty good price quote to order one for us.

2015 - Rockwood 8329SS Signature Ultra Lite TT
Platinum Package
Hickory Cabinets
Wood Look Floor
Power Tongue Jack
Raised Refer Fronts
15K Main AC
2nd AC with 50amp Service
Rear Ladder
Lazy Boy Leather Recliners
Extra Create a Breeze Fan in Kitchen

Total Price - $31,688

Please let me know your opinion on this quote, and also the options we've selected. Anything you like or dislike about this model is also appreciated.

I'll say this once again: The bottom line, price wise, should not be your final consideration. Your DEALER can make or break your RVing experience because of warranty work. You *will* need warranty work.

If you didn't buy your RV from your closest and most convenient dealer they are under NO obligation to service it. If you buy from a dealer who doesn't have a good reputation regarding warranty, you'll end up trying to find a dealer willing to service your unit and will be dealing with "yes we'll service it but we schedule OUR customers first".

Research DEALERS as diligently as you research PRICE. Consider that if you buy based on "lowest price" and that dealer is 500 miles away....well I'm sure you get the picture.

It has been our experience that Route 66 certified dealers are *excellent* and there are extras (discounts on deductibles, etc.) when you buy thru a Route 66 dealer, and these "perks" are available to you no matter which Route 66 dealer services your RV if you're traveling and have a problem. Our dealer (90 miles away) is Route 66 certified and they are worth EVERY mile we travel to get our 5er serviced.

YMMV

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
MMCM/SS

Look, if you want to pay a lot more for the same camper I say go for it. The price for the same camper means a lot to me. The salesman will tell you anything to get his big commission. He might tell you that if you don't buy it from him you will not get service from this dealership. 99% of the time that is just bull shoot. Go to the service desk and ask the service manager if the dealership is willing to turn down work paid for by the manf. of the camper. The truth is the service dept and the sales dept are not the same. Warranty work is warranty work paid for by the mfr of the camper. This thread has me as a junior member, I am not a junior anything, have had over 5 new trailers, never had any problems getting work done at any dealership. But like I said, its your money spend it any way you wish. It only takes a couple of mins to check the price of the unit you want online a RVW, so why not check it and then you will know if the price from your dealer is good or not.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #7

I did do a quote with RVW and they were about $500 cheaper than our dealers was.
They are 645 miles from us though.

Our local dealer also offered me about what I figured I could get on my own for our current RV and we will get to use it until the new 8329SS we ordered today arrives. Very nice family run business that seems to care about their customers.

We are excited to get the new Rockwood and will be happy to have one exactly like we wanted.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #8

As long as a local reputable dealer is willing to come within $1,000 of a wholesaler on a $20-$30K TT I think it is a very good deal to stay local... IMO you use the quote from the wholesalers to get the local guys in the ballpark & then you close the deal...

Up North, it is difficult to get work done during the peak camping season. The forums are full of folks who have lost weeks & even months of camping due to slow dealer service. IMO most dealers give priority to folks who purchased their RV from them & even reduce service fees.

For instance, we receive a 15% discount on parts & service for as long as we own the TT. When I call-in with service questions, the first thing they ask is if I purchased the TT from them, they look me up on the computer, and tell me I am qualified for the discount, etc...

Oh, and the PDI... Our PDI at the local dealership was over 2 hours long & the service tech allowed me to videotape the entire walk-through. In comparison I have heard of wholesalers rushing through the PDI in 30 minutes because they overbooked PDIs that day. They assure you that you can camp nearby, etc. but good-luck having work done quickly once you sign the papers. We had our tech fix about 5 issues before we headed to financing and another handful after we returned & did the formal PDI.

Since our unit was used and out-of-warranty I made sure they finished the work before we signed-off... So far, so good... We have spent several weeks camping & no issues with our TT. I think we have had less issues with our used TT than most have with new ones...
2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
I did do a quote with RVW and they were about $500 cheaper than our dealers was.
then you did good. anything $1000 or less difference between the local dealer and RVW or RVDirect, is a good deal IF the local dealer has a good service dept.

our 3 local NorCal Roo dealers would only get as far down as $4500 more than a Midwest Roo dealer.
so, we drove to Chicago and back and never had any issues getting warranty work done out here. FR found us a number of local dealers more than happy to do the warranty work. one didn't even sell any FR products.

so, buying from a faraway dealer isn't always a negative.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
MMCM/SS

Price of Unit

I would not drive 600 miles, tow back home for $500, so if I were you I would spend the $500 from a dealer closer to your home. I do have a couple of questions, I did not see that you ordered slide out toppers? They are a must for me. I have a 2015 Windjammer with a electric awning. If I could do it over I would pay extra for a manual awning. I just don't like the elect awning, don't like the way it go's straight out without a pitch. I do like the awning lights behind the awning. The elect awning has a auto rain dump, but I still don't like it.