Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #1

A question on slides

We brought home our Rockwood 2605 this week. The question I have is on the slide out. How smooth should it operate? When it is slid out it jiggles side to side and makes it's way out. When it is brought in it brings in the bottom until the slid is lifted off the floor several inches and then the top of the slide springs forward and the room levels out. Then the slide comes in as jiggly as it went out. Someone I know says this is normal....doesn't seem so to me. How smooth should this think operate?
revetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:06 AM   #2

I have the Flagstaff version of your trailer and that is the way mine works. When I picked it up my dealer had been testing it and checked with Forest River before he released it to me and they confirmed that it is normal.

Also, and my dealer is not convinced but there have been no problems, when I bring mine in, if I bring it in 100%, there is a small amount of light that can be seen through the upper corner. He has me backing the slide back out ever so slightly until the light disappears and the slide is tight against the body of the trailer. He also tested this prior to releasing the trailer and told me if it ever leaks to return it to him for further review with Forest River. Thus far there have been no leaks even through hurricane spawned rains.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #3

My slide moves in & out very smoothly. No jiggling or dancing.
It does have the SS(dinette & sofa slide) and it uses two slide rams(rack & pinion).
Could this be the differences?
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #4

Mine works as revetch and Hokies and my dealer states it is normal for my model.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood