Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #1

A Seafoam Camper.

This is my first posting on the Forest River Forum. On April 9 2012, my RV dealer ordered my new 2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001W. Yesterday, May 8th, I inquired of the dealer as regards a production date and/or anticipated delivery date. All the dealer did say was that when they were notified by Forest River that the unit was off the assembly line they would in turn have it picked up and delivered. Kind of a vague answer to me. Can anyone in "forum land" give me a ball park figure as to the time line from when the date an order is placed to when it leaves the production line. Thanks for any and all information received.
Paul H. Eustace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Yours is a common question when ordering new trailers.

The bottom line is that the time of year, what line is being built and availability of delivery drivers will impact the timeliness.

Frankly, you ordered on April 9th and are still way early. Its usually an 8-week wait (give or take a few weeks) and some unfortunate owners who ordered in February are still waiting

Here is a link to a current discussion about delivery times. Mostly Rockwood Roos, but also other Rockwood models.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #3

Finally have news on delivery of my new 3001W trailer. Dealer advised on June 8th. that his truck will be away today, June 10th., to the plant to pick-up my unit. Good news to say the least.
Paul H. Eustace is offline   Reply With Quote