Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
The web site says the 15K A/C is optional, no option listed for 50A service and a pre-wire or 2nd A/C. I have heard this mentioned with the Diamond package because of the dark roof...but no mention on the web page yet.

Have you had some feedback from Forest River on this?

Dave
Dave I was initially confused at also. I became aware of the 2nd A/C and 50 Amp option when I spec'd out a 8289WS on the RVW site. Then I looked at the Forest River Brochure and their web site and did not see that option listed. When I decided to go with a local dealer, the first thing that I did was have them contact FR to verify that it was an available option. Living in AZ, it is a must.

With regards to people having an A/C added by the dealer, I'm wondering how they are doing this with only 30A service, unless they are running an additional line out of the RV to plug into another circuit, OR are only operating one A/C at a time, which defeats the purpose of dual A/Cs.

Also, since there are various Ceiling Plenums available for an A/C install, even if the duct work is there, if the wrong Ceiling Plenum is used, it will not vent into the ducts.

RodeoGeorge

Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
Dave I was initially confused at also. I became aware of the 2nd A/C and 50 Amp option when I spec'd out a 8289WS on the RVW site. Then I looked at the Forest River Brochure and their web site and did not see that option listed. When I decided to go with a local dealer, the first thing that I did was have them contact FR to verify that it was an available option. Living in AZ, it is a must.

With regards to people having an A/C added by the dealer, I'm wondering how they are doing this with only 30A service, unless they are running an additional line out of the RV to plug into another circuit, OR are only operating one A/C at a time, which defeats the purpose of dual A/Cs.

Also, since there are various Ceiling Plenums available for an A/C install, even if the duct work is there, if the wrong Ceiling Plenum is used, it will not vent into the ducts.

RodeoGeorge
Guys,
Like I said when I talked to FR they told me It Could Be Done At the Plant. Either two 15,000 or two 13,500 along with the 50amp service that also would installed there as well as the duck. So it would be complete when was delivered.

Phil

Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #23

IF I had it to do over I'd have two. Prob would go with two 13500 that way if you need to you can run one of gen if you have no power