Old 08-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #11

The breaker never trips. When the noise stops the unit stops. And yes it does kick back on after a little bit and has the same low noise and it does it for a minute or so then stops again. I will give you all the model number when I get back the the trailer. I just didn't know if anyone else was having the same problems I was and was it a simple fix or was it gonna cost me some money. I appreciate everyone input!

Old 08-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #12

I bought the 5th wheel new in January of 2015. It's a 2015 model so a 1 1/2.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #13
Head Rambler

The A/C is still under warranty if it's just 1 years old. I'd call the dealer or a authorized repair facility as soon as you can and get it checked out by them.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #14

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Coletrain,,,,,I was in the AC business for over 40 years before I retired. Look at this: It sounds like your compressor is coming on but the high head kicks it off because your fan isn't blowing.....the fan is a double shaft motor that has a blade fan blowing air across the condenser coils on the roof, and the other end has a squirrel cage that blows the air across the evaporator coils and into your living area. The motor could very well be bad, but I'll bet you a dollar and a nickel that your capacitor is bad. You have two capacitors....one for the compressor and one for the fan motor....the fan motor capacitor is the smaller of the two.....it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes. it's going to be a 3, 5, or 7.5 mfd and it will not let the motor start if it's bad. Replace and and I betcha your problem will be solved. I've replaced several hundreds of them over the years. They're very vunerable to hot ambient air. Sometimes you can tell if they're bad by noticing that the top of the capacitor is ballooned up ever so slightly. But if you don't have a capacitor tester,,,,,I'd just replace it,,,,,they aren't expensive.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #15

Its funny because we just called our dealer because our 2016 Signature Ultra Lite 8289WS A/C isn't working either. He told us that they have gotten lots of complaints and to bring it in, will most likely have to switch it out.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #16

Ac not working

I had one where the fan bearings froze. I gave it a push and it started. It then became verry Noisey but worked.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #17

Thanks Grandpa Jim!! I will swap the capacitors out and hopefully that will work!! I will let you know how it turns out!! Thanks so much for all of your help!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Coletrain,,,,,I was in the AC business for over 40 years before I retired. Look at this: It sounds like your compressor is coming on but the high head kicks it off because your fan isn't blowing.....the fan is a double shaft motor that has a blade fan blowing air across the condenser coils on the roof, and the other end has a squirrel cage that blows the air across the evaporator coils and into your living area. The motor could very well be bad, but I'll bet you a dollar and a nickel that your capacitor is bad. You have two capacitors....one for the compressor and one for the fan motor....the fan motor capacitor is the smaller of the two.....it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes. it's going to be a 3, 5, or 7.5 mfd and it will not let the motor start if it's bad. Replace and and I betcha your problem will be solved. I've replaced several hundreds of them over the years. They're very vunerable to hot ambient air. Sometimes you can tell if they're bad by noticing that the top of the capacitor is ballooned up ever so slightly. But if you don't have a capacitor tester,,,,,I'd just replace it,,,,,they aren't expensive.

I have a multi meter. Do I just need to ohm it out to see if it's bad?
Old 08-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
There are pages and pages of folks on here with problems with their 2014-2015 Dometic A/C units. Dometic has replaced a BUNCH of them. A forum search will give you LOTS of reading.

If you are an electrician and can rule out electrical feed issues, I suggest you contact Dometic.
I think he has a coleman not a dometic, I know of zero 8289WS with dometic, even the refer is a Norcole, only garbage Dometic stuff is the awnings x's 2. I don't know of any changes to that very popular unit, and there are very few problems. Very well built for FR, same as the Flagstaff come off the same line....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #20
Head Rambler

You really can't test a capacitor with a digital meter. The old analog Simpson meters were great for it once you knew what you were doing, but not the digital ones.

You're A/C is probably only going to have one capacitor. It'll be a dual unit. If it has a second cap, it'll be for the compressor.