Old 07-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #91
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I love it when that happens. Only thing better is "you pull that big thing with a tundra?" I'm getting gas and its all I can do to keep from saying "no, the last guy left it here at the pump and asked me to hold it up til he gets back." Lol
Dave, I don't hold back, that's exactly what I've told several people. I really got a kick out of telling it to a guy pulling a 5er with a 1.5 T dually when he walked over to chat. He had that 'deer in the headlights' stare and then couldn't believe I had a full bed hard tonneau cover on also.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
By all means do if they are there. They will clean your pads with a rag and tell you everything you need to know. I was always worried about that 1/4" gap in the back. They explained that to me to. Now I don't have to worry. I don't blame anyone for worrying about it your pulling a lot of money down the road without the most important part your safety and everyone on the highway...... I seen and posted pictures of the frame it sets in only 10" wide but we will not have a problem with the pin area like on those couple of Wildcats had. Even OC agrees it built pretty well, so that tells me something. They had atleast 50 trailers stacked and getting ready for production when we were at the plant. We went over every inch of our frames.

EXACTLY Glenn....I SO want to see whatt sure what m is under the "gel coat!"

And I do hope Reese is there - I am not sure what my dealer did but seriously folks, my Reese turns as smoothly as a baby's powdered bottom after 1,600 miles

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Shoot buddy I owe ya a beer at Goshen LOL!

According to our truck computer we have 1,568 on the Reese...that will be well over 2,000 by Goshen

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
Just returned from Orlando DC Pittsburgh Niagara Hershey Williamsburg Orlando...3000+ miles and still spins with 2 fingers.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #94
Mod free 5er

As stated before several times, mine wouldn't move when new and after 15,000+ miles, being serviced in Goshen by the 2 engineers that designed it, it still cannot be moved by hand, hands or a 5' pry bar.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
What DID they say about it, Glenn?

I showed mine to a plumber last week. He looked at my short bed dodge as he arrived, then at the big 5th wheel, and back at the truck. "You tow THAT with the short bed?".

So I got to do a show-and-tell about the Revolution.
They said that it is normal and part of the design, not to worry about it at all....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMazz View Post
Just returned from Orlando DC Pittsburgh Niagara Hershey Williamsburg Orlando...3000+ miles and still spins with 2 fingers.
Well that is good I guess, I took a trip over 6000 miles from Virginia to California and up the coast to Oregon and back. I still was able to move mine to. After that it started to tighten up. So you might have some miles yet to go. During the winter I can move it a little but not during the summer. I kept the plate lubed. When they serviced it they wiped it clean and said you do not have to lube it. They said if it squeaks I can but there is nothing to lube. It still didn't move after they serviced it and checked it all out. I even showed them a hand out that came in my pack that said after 500 miles it will loosen up, they said that it was wrong and they were going to change that. They asked me where I got that and I said my dealer. They kinda just looked at each other and went through the whole process on how it works. They torqued my castle nut to 80 lbs. I think and said That I was good to go. To me it is really easier to hook up now then before.... Just can't spin it out of the way at a cg anymore.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #97

[QUOTE=LouNick;654002]
Question about the swing free vs. tight Revolutions: I wonder just how tight that monster nut on the pivot pin has to be torqued. When the weight is taken off of the landing gear, I notice the gap is uneven at my wear plate - open at the back and closed at the front. Do I need to tighten it up a bit to remove the gap?

Anyone else notice this uneven gap at the wear plate?
I'm not sure what kind of bearing or bushing is around that rear swivel pin, but this uneven gap I have suggests that maybe the rear pivot pin and bushing are worn, and I have less than 3k miles on it.
I'll have to take a pick and post when I hook up again at the end of this month.
LouNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #98
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=LouNick;657288]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouNick View Post
Question about the swing free vs. tight Revolutions: I wonder just how tight that monster nut on the pivot pin has to be torqued. When the weight is taken off of the landing gear, I notice the gap is uneven at my wear plate - open at the back and closed at the front. Do I need to tighten it up a bit to remove the gap?

Anyone else notice this uneven gap at the wear plate?
I'm not sure what kind of bearing or bushing is around that rear swivel pin, but this uneven gap I have suggests that maybe the rear pivot pin and bushing are worn, and I have less than 3k miles on it.
I'll have to take a pick and post when I hook up again at the end of this month.
Mine had the gap when new. The two engineers that designed it that worked on mine at Goshen last year said it was normal and it was not wear. As for the 2-1/4" nut, tighten it to 80 lb/ft and then tighten to align the cotter pin hole. DO NOT LUB the pivot shaft above this nut! That is also per the engineers and they were ADAMANT about it!
Old 07-13-2014, 11:15 AM   #99

[QUOTE=OldCoot;657307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouNick View Post

Mine had the gap when new. The two engineers that designed it that worked on mine at Goshen last year said it was normal and it was not wear. As for the 2-1/4" nut, tighten it to 80 lb/ft and then tighten to align the cotter pin hole. DO NOT LUB the pivot shaft above this nut! That is also per the engineers and they were ADAMANT about it!
Yup, I'm just one of those guys that needs to understand how everything works, and this one has me baffled. It's just against all the logic that I can come up with. Uneven gap when new, but evens out after considerable use... Swings free when new but stiffens up after considerable use...

I received very little documentation on the RR hitch with my 5'er's owners manuals and have had little luck trying to find more info online. Can you possibly share any tech docs, links, or contact info for Reese that you have?
LouNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #100
Mod free 5er

No written documents, data, etc. just the hour spent with the two engineers and what they explained to me. Being a retired design engr. I had the same questions you no doubt do. I was satisfied with their explanation. I am aware of non-greasable bushings as we used them on the adjustable rotor drive pulleys on the IH Axial Flow Combines clear back in 1978 and they were pulling over 100 hp thru the pulleys.