Old 06-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #1

Smile Add A Room

Hello I am picking my Rockwood 8280WS up next week and really need a Add a Room as I have 3 dogs so need it to put there dog cages in, I am in the uk any help is appreciated .
Thanx Tracy

Old 06-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #2

Hi we recently purchased a porch awning for a motorhome which has the height to clear the door see attached pic. They come in 2 sizes this one being about 2.5m and the other was over 3.5m its normally Kampa Motor Rally 260 xl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Porch awning.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	15692  

Old 06-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #3

Should have said I'm in the uk also and our 5er came with an add a room, but the weather we face up north is not suitable and we very rarely have the main electric awning out as its always too windy. This awning is very well made and will hopefully last longer than the cheap one we had previous which collapsed a month ago with the heavy rains over at the lakes
Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #4

Smile

Hiya Thanx for the info could you tell me where you got it from ? we are up north also always raining and windy lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #5

Ne probs I bought it from World of camping (think they are in cornwall) they have the 2 sizes on their web site just make sure you get the taller motorhome type one which will clear the door. I had to buy alloy c section rails which r screwed and glued to the side of the 5er just under the electric awning. They have other bits and bobs that go with it too. What type of camper have you got? if you dont mind me asking
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #6

Smile

Hiya I am picking up a Rockwood 8280WS next weekend.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #7

Nice one, hope you have as much fun as we do with ours, all the best and good luck on the awning hunt. We have our unused add a room some were if your wanting to go that route
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #8

Smile

Hiya I am not sure it is our first time owning a 5th whee,l are the add a room better or would you go for the kampa like you have got ? it is a nightmare if we didn't have the dogs we wouldn't need one but with a German Shepherd and 2 Pomeranian's we need somewhere for their cages.
I cant wait till next week we have bought it from CCRV they are based in suffolk.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #9

Smile

Hiya what are you using to tow yours with ? we have a Ford F150 Harley Davidson 2003 5.4 V8 the company we have bought the 5th wheel from are fitting some air bags, Hitch and Electric Brake Controller so we are hoping all this will help with towing as we can't change the truck just yet.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #10

Smile

Hiya Just wandered what you would sell you adder room for ??