Old 09-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #11

We're looking at an AGM battery for our 2104s. What are the dimensions of the battery that comes standard with the Mini Lite? We're over 200 mi away from the TT right now and want to be sure what we buy here will fit in the battery box when we take it there.

SusanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #12

SusanO, there are two standard size battery boxes used on most TT's. The small one uses a group 24 battery. The larger box can hold either a group 27,29 or 31 battery. Two side by side small boxes are possible but there is not enough room for two side by side large boxes, at least on my 2504s. If you just want to run 1 battery upgrade to a group 31. The larger box only costs like $10-12 dollars. Jay

Old 10-01-2016, 06:32 PM   #13

One problem with AGM batteries is that if they are ever fully discharged the converter on the RV will not be able to recharge them.
I found this out the hard way when I left my refrig on DC power on a previous trailer once thinking the solar panels would keep the batteries charged up.
The AGM battery would not accept a charge.
I took it back to Batteries Plus and they had to charge it at a very high rate in order to bring it back to life.
BruceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
One problem with AGM batteries is that if they are ever fully discharged the converter on the RV will not be able to recharge them.
I found this out the hard way when I left my refrig on DC power on a previous trailer once thinking the solar panels would keep the batteries charged up.
The AGM battery would not accept a charge.
I took it back to Batteries Plus and they had to charge it at a very high rate in order to bring it back to life.

That has been my experience as well. When I have had one get drained right or wrong I use jumper cables from the tv for about 10 minutes and then the charger took over from there.

Sent from my iPad 18 using Forest River Forums

Tags
battery