Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
This will also serve as my hurricane evacuation plan just in case the Gulf decides to throw a party this summer.
Good idea. That was our thinking the few times we evacuated south Louisiana. Ended up living in our old TT in our driveway for many weeks after Katrina while I rebuilt my house.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
Rock, .....I've removed my previous post here, because you are right, I just searched a 2016 21DS and did see the enclosed shower, that is a great improvement,.....
I've got a 2016 21DS and it has a shower curtain. I prefer it to the enclosure because of weight savings plus the curtain provides a little more "openness" in the bathroom. $.02
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdog View Post
I've got a 2016 21DS and it has a shower curtain. I prefer it to the enclosure because of weight savings plus the curtain provides a little more "openness" in the bathroom. $.02
the new enclosure looks nice, and should eliminate water getting on the floor,......but I didn't mind the curtain or the small shower, but DW(99# soaking wet) never had enough room in the shower,....go figure,.........................

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #24

I did read about the water leakage issue with the shower curtain on the previous models, but I have mixed emotions about the doors on my 2017. I like the idea of fewer leakage issues and the DW does appreciate the classier look, but I'm more weight conscious than an Olsen twin right now considering my truck. I guess that means the 12 pack will have to wait until I get to the campsite!
Thanks again for the input.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Nice looking rig, but it is definitely too low in the front. Hitch needs to be raised.
Good eyes! Actually, I was getting ready to back the trailer up into my driveway so I had already removed the bars from the Equalizer WDH before I took the photo (note the concrete block under the tongue jack in my original pic). The rear end sagged considerably without the bars in place, I barely cleared the curb getting up into the driveway. I'll never tow without my WDH in place!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #26

She is purdy!

You have a twin in the guy that lives across the street from me! Iden-ti-cal!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #27

Looks great! Re the skylights-- we bought one of those insulated foil-backed cushions that fit snugly in the skylight over our bed. Camco part 45192. Now we can sleep past sunrise! Easy to use and store, about $10.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #28
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Can also put a smoked cover on

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #29

So far I love this trailer. My dedicated 30A circuit means I can work in air conditioned comfort while parked in my driveway, at least for now. I already did some of the easy stuff, like bathroom towel hooks, but my first big challenge is replacing the unimpressive mount for the little TV (the Furrion, not my Frontier!). Not only do I want a slightly larger screen and more capability like a Roku, but I'd really like a mount that swivels away from the wall and clears the shelf that partially blocks the TV in the current setup. Right now the TV is too close to the wall for good viewing.
I still want to be able to utilize the outside mount, so I'll have to get creative and kludge something together using my original bracket with a good aftermarket telescoping mount. Has anyone had any luck in this department?
Thanks again for all your encouraging comments.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechiePhil View Post
Looks great! Re the skylights-- we bought one of those insulated foil-backed cushions that fit snugly in the skylight over our bed. Camco part 45192. Now we can sleep past sunrise! Easy to use and store, about $10.
Thank you! Yet another addition to my Amazon queue. I need to buy stock in Camco...
Old 06-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #31

Just a thought. I would take close up pictures of each tire to include all the different codes [DOT, Place of Manufacture, date of manufacture, sizes, etc] as one day you may need them and not have access at that time. JMHO. It won't cost you a dime, but could be very helpful in the future.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
Just a thought. I would take close up pictures of each tire to include all the different codes [DOT, Place of Manufacture, date of manufacture, sizes, etc] as one day you may need them and not have access at that time. JMHO. It won't cost you a dime, but could be very helpful in the future.
Not surprisingly, they're off-brand tires from China. They'll have to do for now, but a definite upgrade will be in order before any major road trip.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #33

"I'm more weight conscious than an Olsen twin right now considering my truck."

Man, I love your sense of humor. Cracking me up!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:33 AM   #34

Purdy! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
"I'm more weight conscious than an Olsen twin right now considering my truck."

X2!!

I newly spewed coffee on my iPad when I read that!

2015 Rockwood 2306
2015 Tundra CrewMax
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53flattie View Post
X2!!I newly spewed coffee on my iPad when I read that!
Thanks, my sense of humor tends to lean towards the sarcastic...much to the dismay of the DW. Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself - laugh at someone else!!!

Made some progress. Bathroom hooks are installed (rookie stuff), hard-start capacitor is hooked up (little more work), and I got stupid while installing a drain for the hot water heater (remember, saving weight). In a nutshell, open the hot water at the sink BEFORE unscrewing the anode rod from the bottom of the tank. The outside hose was off and disconnected, but the pressure was still trapped and the water came out explosively as I removed the rod. Fortunately the heat was turned off the day before or I'd be making this post from the emergency room with severe burns where no man wants them.
I took plenty of pictures and will start a new thread concerning my adventures with this new toy, but first I need to change out of my wet clothes and shower up before the chafing starts.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #37

Can't wait to see them!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #38

We purchased your twin tt flagstaff 21ds 3 mo ago and have also thought about what to do with the Murphy bed feet. Have you upgraded them? I thought the same thing about damaging the floor. Love the idea of a fold down next to the stove too. Thanks!
Ahill333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #39

I just screwed a 3x4 inch piece of plywood to the T shaped bottom after removing the round rubber feet. I also stained the plywood to match the wood color of the foot board and glued down carpet to the bottom of the plywood. No more problems. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote