Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #1

Air mattress issues???

Anyone else having air mattress issues? We have a brand new 2014 3029 Rockwood windjammer V nose .. Love it but hate the air mattress.. We didn't want it when we bought it but didn't have a choice since Rockwood only puts them in their campers... ( I think they are finally switching over soon) Got it in April and it already won't hold air.. Getting a replacement thank god.. Is there a way that you can put a slim mattress in the place of an air mattress? Because I'm guessing it will pop again..

Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #2

Our new unit has a leaky air mattress also. Filled it twice last Saturday night. Flat by Sunday morn. Ours is going back also.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

I've heard about a lot of air matresses have problems being left in campers in freezing weather which per the manufacturer is not supposed to to be left in campers in freezing weather. It causes small cracks which of course causes leaks.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #4

Good luck with your dealership.. My dealership was trying not to replace it saying the company said it was punctured.. And it wasn't a replacement issue.. There were no puncture marks anywhere.. After requesting someone higher up... They are replacing it... Like they should..
Good luck .. I know my dealership had 2 others with issues.. So I know there have been more problems..
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenZ View Post
I've heard about a lot of air matresses have problems being left in campers in freezing weather which per the manufacturer is not supposed to to be left in campers in freezing weather. It causes small cracks which of course causes leaks.

Good to know... Will take it out for the winter storage
Old 07-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoch23 View Post
Anyone else having air mattress issues? We have a brand new 2014 3029 Rockwood windjammer V nose .. Love it but hate the air mattress.. We didn't want it when we bought it but didn't have a choice since Rockwood only puts them in their campers... ( I think they are finally switching over soon) Got it in April and it already won't hold air.. Getting a replacement thank god.. Is there a way that you can put a slim mattress in the place of an air mattress? Because I'm guessing it will pop again..

I have a 2013 TT. I have replaced the air mattress once. Went flat soon after first few uses. The diaphragm in motor area is supposedly the cause of the leaking. It's a futile effort to replace the mattress with a factory unit. Junk in, junk out! I ordered a new mattress through Wal-Mart website and will try this unit.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
Norma in Maryland

Has anyone found a permanent solution to the leaking air mattress problem?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
I went with an Insta-Bed w/ Never Flat pump, and am pretty happy with it. It has a secondary small air pump to keep it inflated even if it gets a small leak. Some complain of the noise the secondary pump makes, but it rarely comes on and is extremely quiet in my opinion. It's size is closer to a standard queen than an RV queen but it works well in my Rockwood's foldout sofa.

Good luck with your search.

Amazon.com : Insta Standard Queen Bed with Never Flat Pump : Camping Air Mattresses : Sports & Outdoors
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickenwood View Post
Has anyone found a permanent solution to the leaking air mattress problem?
I think the answer may be as the previous poster mentioned....don't get a replacement from Rockwood....buy your own and but a good one...the ones they put in are junk. I think there are much superior after market ones available...and yes ..we were told to take in the house for winter storage.

On a sidenote...our leaked one night and I thought it had a puncture somewhere given all the stories I have read here...upon further investigation it was just the valve at the foot of the mattress that was not fully tightened...phew!!!! Just something to check before any of you think you have a puncture...and a puncture can be very hard if not impossible to find in some cases....inevitably it will be in a seam where a patch wont work.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoch23 View Post
I am on my third factory air mattress in 1.5 years. They are junk! They have lasted me a "few" days for each mattress. Wal Mart.com has several for sale at a reasonable price.

Tags
air mattress