Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #1

? air ride pin box

We just bought a Rookwood 8282WS 5th wheel, great trailer. The question, does anyone know of an Air Ride pin box that will work, it came with what looks like a 10K Revolution Sidewinder pin box. I have always had air ride boxs and do not need the sidewinder feature as I have a F350 long box truck. My Trailair box is to wide to mount to the new 5er.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Fyi you can use the revolution just like a normal pin box.
You just have to lock it at the pivot via bolts and remove the wedge if it even has one.

As to the trail air I can't help.

Turbs

Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #3

Yes, I have the pin box lock, its just I would like an Airride box. Like the way they pull.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Your dealer didn't have any suggestions?
Or did you buy it privately?

Get the pin box numbers and call trail air as I'm sure they'll have a replacement for you.

Turbs
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The Rockwood/Flagstaff 5W used to come with a Lippert 1621 pinbox...that's what's on mine. You can look at any air loaded or rubber-mounted pinbox that lists it as a replacement for the 1621 pinbox.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Owner/Operator

I researched Air Ride Pin Boxes, looking specifically at the Lippert Trailair Tri-Glide. I found a source to be:

Ultra-Fab Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride 5th Wheel King Pin - Lippert 1621 - 18,000 lbs Ultra-Fab Products Fifth Wheel King Pin UF35-946229

When I inquired exactly which one would replace the Revolution on my 8289WS, eTrailer replied that I would need to give them the Part Number off the existing Pin Box to ensure an exact fit.

I'm dragging my feet on changing the Pin Box until I see how much stress my one ton truck is going to exert on the coupling. That amount of money will cover a lot of other mods I'd like to do.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #7

Just got off the phone with Reese tech, told me that at this time there is not an air ride to replace for OEM pin box on the 8282WS. The 10K Revolution Sidewinder is a special unit made for them. Tech said that Lippert maybe working on an air ride but as of now there is no replacement. Bummer
Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #8

I just called Lippert and reese neither was of much help there is no plans to make trail air etc for the reese revolution at this time what a bummer. so much for customer service seems they don't care
Old 07-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriston57 View Post
I just called Lippert and reese neither was of much help there is no plans to make trail air etc for the reese revolution at this time what a bummer. so much for customer service seems they don't care
I can't begin to tell you how much time I've put in on finding an air ride box for my 8289.

Did basically the same thing as several others and called eTrailer, Lippert, Reese, and Ultra-Fab. They all point the finger in the others direction stating that the Pin Box we have on our Rockwoods is a "special build", but nobody seems to be able to tell me WHO builds it.

With our Pin Boxes being only 10" wide, none of the existing Pin Boxes will fit.

I'd go to an air ride hitch, but having a hauler with the B&W Ball and Companion Hitch is not possible.

If we all keep looking and calling the above suppliers, maybe they will get the hint that the demands is there, but that might be wishful thinking.

RodeoGeorge

All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote