Old 04-20-2016, 08:24 AM   #91

While in Florida this past winter we had the carpet professionally cleaned in out 2016 3029W Windjammer. I moved the dining table so they could do a good job cleaning and afterwards my wife asked me to place the dining table in the back window where the two recliner chairs had been and put the chairs where the table had been. She loved the new floor plan!!! I said lets wait two days and see if we really like it before I screw down the table in the back. We both liked it so now we have a much larger dining area in back.
It's amazing how just a slight change of furniture location makes such an improvement in the layout. You may want to try it.

Oh one last thought- we hang out clothes in the front closet with the hanger hook facing outwards (instead of towards the walls) and we haven't had any clothes fall down after thousands of miles traveling.
Happy trails,

Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
Today, took our Jayco X213 to the dealer we bought it from, for a state inspection. While I was hanging with the guy doing the inspection, my wife was poking her head inside new trailers. Next thing I know, we've bought a 2016 Windjammer 3029W.

How does this happen?

If I'd known, I could have saved the inspection fee.

Tuckerdog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Taking wife = big mistake!
I would call that a good thing to take the wife.

Congrats on your new WJ!

2010 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4, Diesel, Front Hitch, Air Lift 5000 Rear Air Bags, (not really used, left over from our truck camper). Equalizer E4 1.4k/14k WD Hitch. TST 507 TPMS. Furrion FOS48TA Observation Camera. Garmin RV-760 GPS
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #93
MCTroy

Congrats! You will love the WJ. We sure like ours and it is the same floor plan. So much room in these. We went to get new tires on our 4 year old Rockwood and ended up with the WJ... And then still bought different tires for it!
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Congrats! You will love the WJ. We sure like ours and it is the same floor plan. So much room in these. We went to get new tires on our 4 year old Rockwood and ended up with the WJ... And then still bought different tires for it!
===============

On the 2016's the WJ comes with D Rated tires not the C rated.

Happy trails,
Old 04-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #95
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Nice you will love it. I have the same tt same layout only it's called a V-Lite. BTW welcome to the V-nose group. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #96
MCTroy

Glad first river upgraded the tires to D load.
2017 reservations made!
Old 04-20-2016, 03:45 PM   #97
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
While in Florida this past winter we had the carpet professionally cleaned in out 2016 3029W Windjammer. I moved the dining table so they could do a good job cleaning and afterwards my wife asked me to place the dining table in the back window where the two recliner chairs had been and put the chairs where the table had been. She loved the new floor plan!!! I said lets wait two days and see if we really like it before I screw down the table in the back. We both liked it so now we have a much larger dining area in back.
It's amazing how just a slight change of furniture location makes such an improvement in the layout. You may want to try it.

Oh one last thought- we hang out clothes in the front closet with the hanger hook facing outwards (instead of towards the walls) and we haven't had any clothes fall down after thousands of miles traveling.
Happy trails,
My DH is going to be so thrilled when I tell him about this! Not! We just rearranged two rooms in the brick and mortar home but I love this idea. Thanks for posting.
2017 reservations made!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #98

Thanks for all the nice comments. Really looking forward to taking delivery & doing a shakedown trip at a nearby lake.

Have a question I'm sure someone can answer. Looking through the sales literature last night, the short blurb about the stereo system says DIGITAL AM/FM/DVD w /"Bluetooth" technology. Says nothing about playing CDs. DW lives for her CD collection. Does the unit play CDs? I don't think I've ever seen a DVD player that did not also play CDs.

Thanks,

Tuckerdog1

2016 RAM 2500 Cummins SLT Lone Star 4X4 LB
2016 Windjammer 3029W Platinum
I'm not an expert. But I play one on the internet.
You live & learn or you don't live long.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #99

Yes, if it's the IRV66 or 33, it will play CD's.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:28 AM   #100
MCTroy

The dvd player will play cd's. The radio isn't great as it has a minimum range so we play cds or Pandora via the blue tooth. The tv also plays through the stereo speakers. Ours is hooked to AU 2 and it takes a couple of seconds to sync up.

2017 reservations made!

Tags
windjammer