Old 04-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #101
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
The dvd player will play cd's. The radio isn't great as it has a minimum range so we play cds or Pandora via the blue tooth. The tv also plays through the stereo speakers. Ours is hooked to AU 2 and it takes a couple of seconds to sync up.
To say the radio isn't great is a YUGE understatement and on our 3008W the outside speakers are total crap. But yes you can play CD's.

M&K Hoffman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #102

Stock radio is so bad we bring along a portable Bluetooth speaker. Since we sit right next to it, we can play it at a lower volume and it sounds 10x better

Linc

Old 04-22-2016, 06:17 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_link View Post
Stock radio is so bad we bring along a portable Bluetooth speaker. Since we sit right next to it, we can play it at a lower volume and it sounds 10x better

Linc
I play outside stereo through the sound bar I have for my outside TV. It works great!

Bruce
Old 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM   #104

I just read a thread about toy haulers having blue LED lights under or behind the steps and the OP was asking how to turn them on.

I was wondering if we have anything like that on our Windjammers? We have a 2015 Windjammer 3025W. We haven't been able to take ours out since we purchased her last Fall, so I imagine there are some surprises we will discover our first time out.

Thanks.

Deb
Old 04-24-2016, 01:26 AM   #105

Question

Does anyone know if the 3001W is a fourseasons rated trailer. I am about to move into one with my pregnant wife and my dog and was curious about how it might hold up in the winter.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaJammer View Post
Does anyone know if the 3001W is a fourseasons rated trailer. I am about to move into one with my pregnant wife and my dog and was curious about how it might hold up in the winter.
While I did de-winterize my Windjammer and fill the fresh water tank while the temps were in the low twenties to the mid thirties for one weekend of winter camping this year, I don't think any Windjammer is an ideal four-season camper. They aren't designed to be. I really went through some propane that weekend, but nothing froze. The Windjammer has heating pads on the holding tanks and the exposed drainage plumbing, including the black and gray water valves, so that helps, but there's nothing to protect the low point drains from freezing and that concerned me, but all turned out fine. It was fun to get out in the winter for a weekend, but I don't know how well our windjammer would do through a whole winter.

Bruce
Old 04-24-2016, 06:49 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaJammer View Post
The answer is NO you/we have a Short 3 Season at Best! These are NOT for 4 Season use! Youroo!!
Old 04-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #108
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
While I did de-winterize my Windjammer and fill the fresh water tank while the temps were in the low twenties to the mid thirties for one weekend of winter camping this year, I don't think any Windjammer is an ideal four-season camper. They aren't designed to be. I really went through some propane that weekend, but nothing froze. The Windjammer has heating pads on the holding tanks and the exposed drainage plumbing, including the black and gray water valves, so that helps, but there's nothing to protect the low point drains from freezing and that concerned me, but all turned out fine. It was fun to get out in the winter for a weekend, but I don't know how well our windjammer would do through a whole winter.

Bruce
Agree, we camp in temps about mid twenties at night.
We were warm with an electric heater to help the furnace but I would go much cooler than that. Maybe some skirting around the trailer would help but we were just out for a weekend.
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #109
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjam2 View Post
I just read a thread about toy haulers having blue LED lights under or behind the steps and the OP was asking how to turn them on.

I was wondering if we have anything like that on our Windjammers? We have a 2015 Windjammer 3025W. We haven't been able to take ours out since we purchased her last Fall, so I imagine there are some surprises we will discover our first time out.

Thanks.

Deb
Yes, there is a switch for a light at the steps. Not blue, but lights up the steps nicely.
2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:08 AM   #110
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Defiantly not a four season camper. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
windjammer