Old 05-05-2016, 05:03 AM   #141
MCTroy

[QUOTE=tuckerdog1;1185532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post

Haven't tried this with our new WJ, but it worked well with our previous trailer. I bought 1 Anderson leveler & 1 of the Anderson flat tire changing things. It looks like a leveler, but has a couple inches more lift, so you can get a flat off the ground. Our earlier trailer did not have enough space between the tires to fit a leveler in there. The WJ looks to have even less space between the tires. So when I put the flat tire Anderson under the forward tire and pulled forward until level, the rear tire would sometimes come off the ground. Still couldn't get the regular leveler in between the tires, so to give support to the hanging rear tire, I'd hammer the leveler in from the rear with a rubber mallet. This supported the rear tire, and acted as a chock. To get it out when time to leave, just pulled forward a bit until the pressure was off, removed the leveler, then backed off the front leveler.
THANK YOU! We were stumped about the suspended tire. Two fairly well educated people looking at this and we could not figure where to put that second Anderson leveler. We were thinking of getting the tire changer just in case we ever need it. Now, I will put that on the list for the next Camping World order. Thanks!

2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #142

windjammer thermostat

We have a 3008W and the t-stat has a very wide band when setting the temperature. Was wondering if anyone replaced their stock t-stat with a digital one? Sorry if I missed a previous thread on this. TIA.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblane56 View Post
We have a 3008W and the t-stat has a very wide band when setting the temperature. Was wondering if anyone replaced their stock t-stat with a digital one? Sorry if I missed a previous thread on this. TIA.
Lots of prior threads. Digital T-stats are one of the most popular mods. I think this thread is most helpful, as it gets into the differences in AC wiring for some different AC units (read all 6 pages of posts).

Need help with Honeywell programmable thermostat

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #144

My windjammer has had weak brakes since new. I've adjusted and checked adjustment a few times with no improvement. I've read that the dodge trailer controller could be the culprit so I lived with it for 2 summers.

This year I have a 2016 GMC and the braking only improved slightly with the new truck.

Last week I got under the trailer and found 16awg wire for the brakes from the junction box at the tongue all the way to the brakes which are daisy chained one after the other

I went with 8 awg for power and ground back to the center of the axles then soldered 10 awg to each brake.

I now have powerful brakes on my windjammer!!

Linc
Old 05-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #145

Speaking of brakes, how do I know if they are working correctly and if I'm using the correct number? I usually have mine set at 3, but not sure if it's enough. When I go to 3.5 it feels like the trailer is stopping my truck. I don't want to overly use the brakes and wear them out too fast.

WJ 3001W
Old 05-15-2016, 04:20 PM   #146

It sounds like you have them adjusted properly.

The wiring size comes into play when you try to stop harder than normal. Next time you are on the brakes slowing for a stop light. Keep your brake pressure steady and squeeze the manual slider. In my case I had no extra braking available. With the larger wires I have quite a bit of extra braking available

Linc
Old 05-15-2016, 05:01 PM   #147

Thank you.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #148
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblane56 View Post
Yes, I installed a Honeywell digital with the SPDT switch for AC fan speed, major improvement!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0421161145.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	107986  
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:30 PM   #149

I bought a Coleman Mach on eBay. Not much more than the hunter and it was a direct replacement

Linc
Old 06-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #150

Looking for ways to eliminate the swaying when towing my V-Nose camper.

Tags
windjammer