Old 09-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #181

No everything seems to be in place where it should be and if anything there was less movement of some articles that usually shift somewhat. I didn't realize it until you asked but it made a difference inside for the better.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #182

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you replace the rims on your trailer as well?

strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #183

No same rims. Was not necessary.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #184

E tires at Max sidewall pressure makes for Better trailer towing experience with Windjammer/V-Lite units! Youroo!!
Old 09-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat56 View Post
Either of you notice anything inside your trailer different after you went with LRE tires? Anything change with the way your trailers rode that caused any problems with additional vibration or jarring inside the trailer? It must make the ride stiffer to go to a higher LR tire.
If anything, things -- and I am referring specifically to our recliners and to the clothes on hangers in the bedroom wardrobe -- shifted LESS when we put on the load range E tires.

We kept the same rims, but did go to metal valve stems because of the higher tire pressure and because I installed a tire pressure monitoring system at the same time.

Make the switch...you won't regret it. It will give you a much more comfortable and comforting ride.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkkirkland View Post
I've discussed in the forum before about terrible sway issues and we almost considered trading in our 3008w for a fifth wheel. Well we ended up having to replace 2 tires from flats we had on our 16 state trip to Grand Canyon this summer. We replaced with E load tires when traveling and replaced the other 2 when we got home. Last week we had our hitch adjusted when we had it in the shop for 1 year warranty work. It drove like a dream today from Gettysburg. PA, to Bethany Beach, DE. Even the semis didn't phase me nor the heavy wind gusts when earing the ocean. I can happily say I'm not looking into trading my Windjammer anymore and can't wait to travel next year out to Yellowstone.
We did Mt. Rushmore, Little Big Horn Battlefield, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, the Tetons and Colorado's front range, south to Colorado Springs with our Windjammer in August/September of 2015. Fantastic trip, and the Windjammer handled like a dream. We were towing with a Silverado 2500 with 6.0L gas engine at the time.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #187

Hi Nomad,

We are picking up a brand new 3029W on Thursday. I hope our success is as good as yours. Can't wait. Just like a kid waiting for Christmas. (Just ask my wife)
Old 10-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #188

DnA
Hope the pickup goes well. We love our 3029W. Had it for 13 months and 20k miles now and all we got fixed on the warranty was a fridge handle and bathroom fan. Love the layout and the quality. Take a good PDI list with you. We found a lot of little things thanks to the list from good folks on this site that we had them fix before we took delivery.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:42 AM   #189
MCTroy

DnA congrats on the new WJ. We just celebrated our 2nd anniversary with our 3029w. We bought it late in 2014 but it is a 2015 model. We have had very good experience with it and no serious issues except the awnings. We are trying to get those replaced as they pitch up too high and won't adjust . Be sure to check the tires on your new unit. We replaced the C load and got D load tires. They have done fine but some folks prefer E load. Enjoy!
2017 great season with 2 more trips to go
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #190

2016 3029W and love it! We've had it for about 17 months, two 1000-mile trips to TX and back (from central AR) and 16 weekend trips. Was pulling it with a half-ton Silverado but upgraded to an F-250 Super Duty diesel. Much easier. Only complaint? That itty-bitty FM radio antenna they stuck on the side. Wouldn't pick up anything. No worries - pulled the IRV-66, put a splitter on the TV antenna, fabricated an adapter to plug into the IRV and we have tunes. Also added a Winegard Sensar Pro to the antenna system.

Tags
windjammer