Old 11-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #31
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Be darn sure you use the Andersen fitment guide BEFORE ordering. You need to be sure you are ordering the correct hitch for your application.
Will try the hitch first then will look at airbags or extra leaf springs if the hitch leaves me sagging.

sgh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:16 AM   #32
Update after fitting hitch... wow what a difference, tows so nicely now, no movement, didnt return as much weight to the front as I'd hoped, but feels tight and follows the truck nicely. Still a little bit of bounce, well worth the $1000 investment. No more hairy moments being tossed around.

sgh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #33
Glad it is working for you! WOW! $1000? It is under $500 here, even with shipping it should have been way less than a grand... I LOVE the way my setup handles with the Andersen. I think the problem people have with the Andersen, it is not setup properly. And once setup, there is not much you can do to change it, you cant add heavier bars etc. It does not put that much weight on the front axle like the other systems, glad to hear it was 50% versus 65% with an equalizer so it is putting a fair amount of weight down. I have a 31' 5000lb dry trailer with a 3/4 ton HD truck, so I do not need that much weight put down on the front axle. I will also never haul close to my tow rating again! With the dry weight on my trailer I am at less than half. You do not know how bad your setup is until you upgrade to a heavier truck.

Golden CO
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR Limited
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote

hitch, weight