Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #21

I strongly agree with you all. The WaterPur FR1 purifier is junk! If only I had seen all these posts before disaster struck! We are new owners of a 2015 Rockwood 2604 WS Ultralite and are currently on our maiden voyage. 3 nights ago we had the FR1 explode and got water all in the water heater compartment and also sprayed up through the floor into our bedroom. Luckily we caught it when we heard the loud boom and sound of gushing water. I was not using the filter, just an empty canister. It cracked halfway down the side. I see from many posts on here that we are not alone and this thing is junk. I had a mobile repair person here at the campground come out yesterday and bypass the thing and remove it. It is in the trash where it belongs. I just hope my floor doesnt fall out or mold now thanks to this crappy product! I HIGHLY recommend anyone who has this thing on their rig currently to bypass it asap!! Its going to blow, its certain. Not a question of if it will but when. Its a piece of junk!!! Going to look for an external filter as soon as we get home!!!
murph mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM   #22
Just as confused as you

I just bought a whole house filter and connected it in my hose. I use a 10 micron cartridge buy you can get 5 micron filters.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I just bought a whole house filter and connected it in my hose. I use a 10 micron cartridge buy you can get 5 micron filters.
Thats my plan when I get home and can go to Home Depot.
murph mobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, water, water filter