Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #11

We just picked up our 2109S July 3d. A kitchen drawer doesn't stay closed (dealer can't fix it so they are going to put in a magnet latch) & there is a sticker for the slide about placing a travel lock between the sidewall & the face board on the slide. The guy working on the drawer looked at the sticker but didn't think one came with the 2109S. Did you some type of locking arm for your 2109S?

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Lift up the foot of the bed and check there. That's where the factory placed the slide lock that came with ours. We're really glad it was included as we've been on some hilly roads with some turns sharper than we like to deal with, but the trips have been awesome!

Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #13

My slide lock was in tbe slide upper cabinet. Gonna store it in the garage, cant imagine ever needing it.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #14

Might want to rethink that. If something happens like the slide popping open enroute somewhere and there's damage, your insurance company can refuse to pay since you didn't use it or have it with you.

I know, they're not the easiest thing to install if you're not tall enough to reach where it needs to be placed. But it is a good thing to keep the slide from coming out when you're driving.

Just a thought.......
Coleman pop up
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaKaren View Post
Lift up the foot of the bed and check there. That's where the factory placed the slide lock that came with ours. We're really glad it was included as we've been on some hilly roads with some turns sharper than we like to deal with, but the trips have been awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mararra View Post
My slide lock was in tbe slide upper cabinet. Gonna store it in the garage, cant imagine ever needing it.
Thanks much. I have looked both places (forgot about the under the bed storage but my wife knew about it) & found nothing. I checked under the sofa as well. The only tools I got were in the front storage where the water heater & pump are located, awning hook, manual slide tool, & a useless lug wrench that you could never get enough toque to get a lug nut off or back on.

I have not found anything about it on line from Forest River or Rockwood. Maybe they stopped including it on the 2013 model. Any ideas how to find out besides another trip to the dealer? There is a phone number to Forest River in Goshen (about 30 minutes from where I grew up) that I might try calling.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #16

From what my husband says, all RVs with slides come with slide locks. I'd call the dealer if distance is not a factor and if no satisfaction, call FR.

Read on another RV forum that a strong wind with a backdraft can pull the slide out. The person reporting it said the wind pulled it out at the top.
Coleman pop up
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #17

We purchased the 2012 Flagstaff 25KS in Feb. It did not come with slide locks. I questioned this during PDI and was told they were not needed and did not come with this camper.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #18

Dealer tech said it wasn't necessary to use the slide lock. "They can do more damage than good ". I 'll check into it a little further however.
Iswartz, check your manual. If it gives instructions on use, as mine does, I would imagine it was supposed to come with the trailer.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mararra View Post
Dealer tech said it wasn't necessary to use the slide lock. "They can do more damage than good ". I 'll check into it a little further however.
Iswartz, check your manual. If it gives instructions on use, as mine does, I would imagine it was supposed to come with the trailer.
The Forest River manual? I have looked & found the slide but it said nothing about the slide lock. What page # is it on since I can't seem to find anything lately. If you could tell me where I put my new trailer hitch lock, that would be helpful too
Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
Thanks much. I have looked both places (forgot about the under the bed storage but my wife knew about it) & found nothing. I checked under the sofa as well. The only tools I got were in the front storage where the water heater & pump are located, awning hook, manual slide tool, & a useless lug wrench that you could never get enough toque to get a lug nut off or back on.

I have not found anything about it on line from Forest River or Rockwood. Maybe they stopped including it on the 2013 model. Any ideas how to find out besides another trip to the dealer? There is a phone number to Forest River in Goshen (about 30 minutes from where I grew up) that I might try calling.
We bought our 2013 in May and the slide lock came with it. Our dealer told us to use it and that it was important to make sure the slide was braced with it.

I would call Forest River and ask for one.